preps before the meet

Sid reached home around four in the evening.

He directly went to Dadi's room and knocked at the door.

Dadi, who was watching a movie, while chewing some popcorn, immediately switched off the TV and hid the popcorn bowl under a pillow and lied down on the bed after hearing the knock.

D- Come in.

He entered her room and went near Dadi. He sat beside Dadi and caressed her head. Dadi looked at him and smiled.

S-How are you feeling now?

D-I am fine, ashu

S-Dadi, Actually I want to tell you something.

Dadi slowly sat on the bed and held Sid's hand

D- Tell na ashu

S-Dadi, actually I've chosen a girl for me and I want to marry her.

Dadi squealed in happiness but then she realised that she was acting as ill. She looked at Sid who was looking at her suspiciously.

S-Dadi, you were acting right?

Dadi smiled sheepishly.

S-Dadi, how can you do this to me? You know I was so tensed for you.

Sid said angrily. Dadi cupped his face while making a sad pout.

D-I'm sorry. But I didn't wanted to hurt you. I was just thinking for your own good. Ashu, I wanted you to get settled in your personal life. You also need someone to be with you for your whole life. Please ashu, don't get me wrong.

S- It's okay dadi. I know you will never do anything to hurt me.

D-I love you my Ashu

S-I love you too dadi.

Dadi hugged Sid and he hugged her back.
They broke the hug and Dadi looked at him with a smirk. Sid was confused.

S- What?

D- Now tell me the name of my future granddaughter-in-law.

S- What granddaughter-in-law? Now if you are fine then there is no need of any marriage.

Sid told her with mischievous smirk and Dadi's eyes widened.

D-What? You can't do that.

Dadi whines. Sid burst into laughter.

S-I was just joking, Dadi. Her name is Avneet and I've called her for dinner tonight.

D- Really! Oh My God! Finally my dream is coming true. My ashu will get married. Oh no! It's already 4:30 and I've to do so many arrangements for her welcome.

S-Dadi.. Dadi.. Calm down. I've already told Sophia everything. She'll do all the arrangements. You don't worry.

D- But...

S-Dadi, you won't do any work. That's final.

Dadi pouted and nodded her head.

S-I am going to get ready. I've to pick up avneet from her home. You take rest. Okay?

Sid was about to leave when dadi shouted

D-Ohho.. ashu became romantic. Wah ji wah.

Dadi chuckled and Sid shook his head in disbelief.

S-There's nothing like that, dadi.

D-Don't teach me about love I'm more experienced than you.

Sid chuckled and left from there.

He got ready in a charcoal grey business suit.

He immediately dialled avu's number and after few rings, avu picked up the call.

A- Hello.

S- Hello, I've sent a dress and some accessories for you. Get ready for the dinner.

A-I know. I got it but I already told you that I don't need anything from you then why you....

Sid interrupted her in between.

S-It's an Indian dress. I'm doing all this for my dadi because she likes it. Now get ready soon and I'll be there in few minutes.

A-Okay.

She disconnected the call.
She picked up the dress which Sid sent for her and got ready in that dress.

After few minutes, she heard the honking of car horn. She picked up her bag and unlocked the main door. She saw Sid waiting for her standing beside his car.

She immediately locked the main door and went towards sid. As soon as he looked at her, his breath got stuck in his throat. He was mesmerized by her beauty and simplicity. When he chose that dress for her, he never thought that this dress will look so beautiful on her. Maybe she increased the beauty of this dress.

Avu saw him lost in his thoughts so she immediately clicked her fingers in front of him and he came out of his dreamland.

A-Mr. Nigam are you okay?

S-Umm.. Ya.. Ya.. I'm fine. Let's leave.

Sid went towards the other side of the car and opened the door for Avu

S- Come.

She was impressed because she never thought that THE SIDDHARTH NIGAM will behave like a gentleman. She smiled inwardly and sat on the passenger seat. He closed the door and sat on the driver's seat. They drove towards their destination, i.e. Nigam Mansion.

During their silent journey, avu saw a flower shop and something clicked her mind. She immediately shouted

A-STOP THE CAR.

Sid immediately stopped the car with a jerk in total shock.

S- WTF! Are you mad or what?

A- I'm sorry but I've to buy flowers for Mrs. Nigam

S-Look. You don't have to do all this. Let's go.

A- No please. I'm meeting her for the first time and it's bad manners if I don't give her something. Please it'll not take much time.

S- But...

Before Sid completes his sentence she left from the car. He sighed in disbelief.

After few minutes, Avu came back with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

She sat on the passenger seat.

A- Lets go.

Sid nodded and drove towards Mansion.

S-And listen, don't call her Mrs. Nigam in front of her. Call her dadi. And I hope you remember that you can't disclose this deal to anyone.

A- I know. How can I forget all this because this contract will save my brother's life.

Avu wiped a lone tear from the corner of her eye.

Sid looked at her and something pinched in his heart but he ignored it and continued driving.

Keep voting and commenting
Next chapter soon