His care

NEXT DAY

It was 9 in the morning. Avu was pacing outside jai's ward as the doctors were running some regular tests on him before his surgery.

After sometime, Sid came and stood beside her and kept his hand on her shoulder.

Avu looked at him with a jerk as she was startled by someone's presence.

S- Are you okay?

A-I don't know. It's.. It's.. I...

S-It's okay. Everything will be fine.

She nodded her head. At the same time, doctor came out of the ward.

A- Is everything okay, doctor?

D- Yes. All the pre-operative tests are good and I think we should take him to the Operation Theatre.

S-Yeah sure, doctor. Go ahead.

D-Miss Avneet but before that you have to sign these documents.

A- What are these documents?

D-In these documents, It's written that if anything happens to the patient, the hospital or the assigned doctor is not responsible for it.' Although, we'll try our best and we know  jai's case is totally under control but signing this document before surgery is a protocol. Please sign this.

Avu had tears in her eyes and she was shivering because she never thought that her brother will be facing so much in this small age. She tried to save jai from every problem but she couldn't save him from this dangerous disease. Tears were continuously flowing from her eyes.

Jai noticed her state and kept his hand on her shoulder.

S- It's fine. (To doctor) Doctor, if you don't mind, can I sign these documents?

D- Are you related to the patient?

S-Yes. I mean Avneet is my to-be wife and jai is like my younger brother.

Avi instantly looked at him. At that moment, she saw Sid in a different light. He might appear rude and arrogant from outside but she knew that he cared for his loved ones like his Dadi. But today she saw the same care for herself and jai in his eyes.

D-Yes sure.

Sid signed the documents and doctor took it.

D- Now we'll be taking jai to the OT for his surgery in a few minutes.

They nodded their head.

After sometime, jai was taken out of his ward on a stretcher, to take him to OT.

Avu immediately rushed towards him and held his hand. She was sniffing due to crying.

A- jai, baccha, don't worry, okay. Everything will be good. Don't be scared, alright. Your didi is always there for you.

Jai smiled and kissed her cheek.

J-Don't be scared Didi. I know I'll be fine if you are with me. You always scold me that I fail in all of my tests but I promise you that I won't fail in this test of life. I love you didi.

After hearing him, Avu burst into crying and kissed his forehead. Sid went by her side and wrapped his hand around her shoulder. Jai was taken to the OT.

Avu hugged Sid tightly and started crying. He caressed her head.

S-He'll be fine, Avneet

She came out of her trance and broke the hug immediately.

A- I'm sorry. I.. I.... Wa.. Was...

S-It's okay. Let's sit and wait here.

They went and sat on the chairs in front of OT.

A- Don't you want to go to office? I mean the surgery will take long.

S-Don't worry. I'll be staying here.

Avu looked at him confused but she didn't argue.

Sid signed Khanna to bring them two cups of coffee. Khanna nodded his head and left.

After sometime, Khanna brought two cups of coffee. He handed one to Sid and another one to avu, she looked at Khanna confusingly.

S-He's Khanna, my security head.

A-Oh! Hello Khannaji.

Khanna smiled at her.

K-Hello Ma'am.

Avu frowned a little.

A- Please don't call me ma'am. I'm Avneet You can call me by my name.

Khanna nodded his head and left.

A-Sometimes, I feel that I failed as a sister. I wasn't able to protect my brother from such a dangerous disease. He's suffering so much at such a small age. And I... I... can't do anything.

S-Shh..  It wasn't your fault. It was destiny. You don't have control on destiny. Don't worry, he'll be fine.

Avu nodded her head but tears were continuously making their way through her cheeks.

Sid held her hand to console her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she unknowingly rested her head on his shoulder.

After 2 hours of surgery, doctor finally came out of the OT. They rushed towards him.

A- Doctor, how is jai?

D- He's fine, Miss Avneet. His surgery was successful and now he's free from kidney issues. But you have to take extra care of him. We'll discharge him after fifteen days. For now, he's unconscious. We'll shift him to his ward in some time.

A-But doctor, I.. I..

S-Doctor, if it's fine, then can we take jai home at the end of this week because it's our wedding. You can arrange all the medical equipments, a nurse and a doctor at home. Will that be fine?

D-Sure, there won't be any problem. And congratulations both of you for your wedding.

S-Thanks.

The doctor left from there.

A- Thank you, Mr. Nigam for being there for us and supporting me through this tough time. It means a lot to me.

S- It's fine. I think we should stop all this formality as we are going to be husband and wife so we should treat each other like one.....

Before Sid could complete his sentence, Avu interrupted in between. She looked at him confused.

A-But it's a contract marriage right?

S- Let me complete... Otherwise Dadi will have a doubt on us.

Avu rolled her eyes.

After sometime,they were sitting on the couch in jai's ward while jai was unconscious.

Jai gained his consciousness and looked at Sid and avu

J(weakly) - didi.

She looked at him and immediately rushed towards him.

A-jai, how are you feeling? Is it paining anywhere?

J- didi, remember I'm a superhero and it doesn't pain anywhere to Superheroes.

Avu chuckled through tears and kissed his forehead.

Jai's eyes fell on Sid who was looking at them.

J- Is he my jiju?

Avu looked at Sid and then at jai

A- jai, h...

S-Yes, champ. I'm your jiju.

J-You look handsome but still you will have to pass some tests of mine to marry my sister.

S- Is it? Ok then. I'll be ready.

J- I already like you.

Jai and Sid burst into laughter.

Keep voting and commenting
Next chapter tonight