Engaged

It was finally the day of Sidneet's engagement. The whole function was held in the Mansion. Over 5000 guests were invited for India's richest businessman's engagement.

Avu was getting ready in the guest room. Some makeup and hair artists were helping her to get ready.

But her mind was stuck on jai. As he was yet not discharged. She was concerned about his health.

Here Sid was getting ready in his room. He was feeling different today. Unknowingly he was feeling happy and nervous like it's not a contract anymore but his real engagement which is happening because of love.He was lost in his thoughts when dadi entered his room.

D- ashu

He looked at Dadi and immediately rushed towards her and helped her to sit on the bed.

S-Dadi, you should've called me, I would have come there. You know you can't exert yourself.

D-I'm fine ashu

S- What happened dadi? Is everything fine?

D-Everything's very good and I'm very happy. I always wanted to see you getting married and get loved in your life. Avu is a very nice girl and I'm proud of your choice. Always keep her close to your heart and never hurt her. Everything is new for her and for you as well. You have to be each other's support in this journey.

He nodded his head but something pinched in his heart because in reality, the wedding was just a contract which will end after a year.

Dadi patted sid's cheek lightly and smiled.

D- Come down. The auspicious time for engagement is about to start.

He nodded his head and kissed Dadi's forehead.

Dadi came out of Sid's room and headed towards Guest room where Avu was getting ready.

Dadi knocked the door and Avu opened the door.

A-Dadi.

D-Avu you are looking very beautiful.

Avu lowered her eyes with a little blush.

A- Thank you dadi.

Avu helped dadi to sit on the couch and dadi held her hand and made her sit beside her.

D-So Contract marriage, huh?

Avu looked at Dadi shocked. She wasn't able to believe her ears after what she heard.

A- Wo.. Da... Di.... Dadi... Wh... at.... What.....

Dadi chuckled lightly.

D-I know everything about this contract marriage.

A-Dadi, you knew. Why didn't you confronted siddharthor me?

D- Because I know that you're perfect life partner for my ashu. I've brought him up. I know he shared his past with you and when he does that, it means you're special for him because it's not easy for him to let his walls down. He chose you because somewhere he trusts you and trust is most important in a relationship. You're a very nice girl and I know you'll take care of my ashu. He might appear arrogant and stone hearted but trust me he has a heart of gold. He can do anything for the people he loves.

A- But dadi, everything will end after a year. This contract, this marriage. Everything.

D- That's the call of destiny and you don't know the future, puttar. Maybe destiny has better plans for both of you. But puttar, I want you to give a chance to this marriage. I want you to make my ashu fall in love with you. I've accepted you as my granddaughter and I want you to fight for your rights as a wife and trust me, I'll always be there to support you.

Avu smiled and Dadi patted her cheek and blessed her.

A-Dadi, I'll never fail you. I'll try my best, for you. But dadi, how did you got to know about the contract?

Dadi smirked a little.

D- When I asked ashu to get married and did a drama of my illness, ashu promised me that he'll get married soon. Then the next day, he came to me and told me that there's a girl and he wants to marry her as he loves her. But I knew that something was fishy because I never saw any signs of love in him and suddenly there was a girl. He always used to immerse himself in his work so I knew that he doesn't have a chance to get a girlfriend. So I called Khanna and he told me everything about the contract and the wedding. I was very angry on him, that to make me happy, he's taking advantage of someone's helplessness. But when I met you, I realised that maybe in a wrong way, but my ashu has taken a right decision. So I played along. After all, if he's my grandson, then I'm his Dadi.

Avu and Dadi both burst into laughter.

D- Now let's go downstairs. The auspicious time for engagement is about to start.

Avu nodded and went downstairs along with Dadi.

Dadi guided Avu towards the stage.
Dadi made Avu sit on the sofa but Sid was nowhere to be found.

D(muttered) - Where is ashu?

A- I don't know Dadi. He didn't tell me anything.

All the guests started talking that Sid eloped from his engagement and some were taunting Avu

D(slowly) - Oh God! I'll not spare this ashu

Avu bowed her head down, feeling ashamed. At the same time, everyone went silent. Avu looked up and saw Sid standing at the entrance with her brother on the wheelchair. She stood up from her place and some tears escaped from her eyes.

Sid slowly walked towards Avu with jai and he picked him up in his arms and made him sit on the sofa on the stage.

Avu hugged jai tightly and kissed his head. She then looked at Sid and mouthed a Thank you to him and he blinked his eyes in assurance. Dadi was elated to see her family together.

J- You are looking very beautiful didi.

A-Thank you. But how did you come here? I mean did doctor....?

J- Didi, jiju brought me here and now I'll live with you. Doctor discharged me from the hospital.

Avu smiled widely and kissed his forehead.

D-God bless my children.

Sidneet and jai smiled at her.

D- Now its time to exchange the rings. Come on, Siddharth and Avneet

Sid forwarded his hand towards Avu Avu looked at him and gave her hand in his and stood up.

Now Sid took a whole glance at Avu and he was mesmerized by her beauty. The red color was adding charm to her beauty. She was looking like an angel. Avu also took a glance at him and her heart skipped a beat. He was looking so handsome and charming.

Dadi gave them the rings and asked them to exchange it.

Sid took avu's hand in his and slid the ring on her ring finger. Avu also did the same and finally they were bonded with each other for whole life.

D-Now you may kiss the bride.

Sidneet's eyes widened in shock.

A/S-Dadi.

Dadi chuckled at their horrified faces and shrugged her shoulders.

D-Just kidding.

Everyone burst into laughter. Sidneet blushed.

Keep voting and commenting
Next chapter soon