her past

Sid took Avu to her room and made her sit on the bed.

S- Are you okay?

A-Hmm. Thank you.

Sid was about to leave the room when he heard a growling sound. He turned to look at Avu and she closed her eyes in embarrassment.

S- What was that sound?

A-Umm.. Nothi...

Before Avu completes her sentence, her stomach growled again. She closed her eyes. Sid looked at her and controlled his smile.

S-So you're hungry?

A-So what? Hunger is common in every human, right. Don't you feel hungry or what?

Avu said fake angrily to cover up her embarrassment.

S-I was just asking if you were hungry or not?

A- Oh really! My stomach is growling so loudly that even you heard it then I don't think my stomach is playing orchestra or something. Obviously I'm hungry.

Avu said with a pout. Sid chuckled at her. He picked up the intercom and dialled kitchen's number.

S-Send two plates of food.

He disconnected the call after ordering food. In no time, a maid came with a food trolley covered with many bowls of food.

Avu sighed in relief after looking at the food. She licked her lips.

She was about to take a plate but then she noticed mehendi on her hands. She sat on the bed with sad expression.

Sid noticed her.

S- What happened? Eat now.

A- I can't.

She said while showing him her hands.

S-Oh! Wait.

Sid sat in front of her with a plate filled with food. He made one morsel and forwarded it towards Avu's mouth.

Avu was stunned for a moment.

A(thinks) - What happened to this bander? Why is he acting so sweet these days?

S- Avneet.

Sid called her name, breaking her chain of thoughts.

A- Huh?

S-Eat.

Avu nodded her head and ate the morsel. She closed her eyes, relishing the taste of the food.

She opened her eyes and tears were filled in her eyes. Sid got worried after seeing her tears.

S- What happened? Is it very spicy?

Avu shook her head in negative.

S-Then?

A- Umm.. After mom left us, no one ever fed me with their hands. My dad passed away when mom was pregnant with jai but mom was always there for us. When I was 15 and jai was a newborn baby. A businessman came to our house and said that he loves my mom and wanted to marry her. She got really happy because she was somewhat missing a partner's love and I realised that she was fed up by taking care of us. But that man put forward a condition to marry her.

S- What condition?

A- He... He said that if mom wants to marry him then she has to leave her children and you won't believe me that my mom agreed in a blink of an eye.

That day she abandoned me and jai. I was only 15, how can I manage a newborn baby but she didn't thought any of this. She thought only about her happy life. I hate her so much. You know one day, jai was very hungry and he was crying very much. I was heating milk for him and by mistake, it fell on my hand, my hand was burnt so badly. But that day, I ate food with those burnt hands. It was paining so much that I left my food.

She started crying hysterically. Sid kept the plate on the trolley and hugged Avu to console her.

He didn't even imagined that she beared so much at such a young age. She lost her childhood because of the responsibilities which was forced on her at young age.

A-I hate her, Siddharth. I hate her. She chose her happiness and left her children struggling alone in this world.

Sif rubbed her back to console her.

S-Shhh.... It's okay. You're fine now, Avneet. You're with me and I'll take care of you and jai. From now onwards, you both will live your life to the fullest, without any worries and sorrows. I promise.

Avu looked at him with a cute pout.

A-Sacchi?

Sid smiled at her cuteness.

S-Mucchi.

He said with a smile.

Avu immediately nodded her head with a huge smile playing on her lips.

Sid picked up the plate and fed her lunch.

A- Now you also eat.

S- I'll eat later.

A- No. Eat now. I'm To-be Mrs. Siddharth Nigam and Mr. Siddharth Nigam will follow my order like every husband follows his wife's order.

S-Oh! So now Mrs. Siddharth Nigam will order Mr. Siddharth Nigam, huh?

Sid said with a smirk.

A-Yes. Now eat it.

Avu said faking a bossy tone. Sid chuckled at her cuteness.

Avy was mesmerized with his smile.

A(whispered) - Aapki smile itni cute hai ki mere paas jo dil hai woh already aap pe aa raha hai. (Your smile is so cute that my heart is already falling for you.)

S- Did you say something?

A- No.

Avu immediately shook her head in negative. Sid just shrugged his shoulders and continued eating.

Keep voting and commenting
Next chapter comming soon