2- training

After surviving your first week at Jujutsu High, it was time to begin your training.

To begin, Gojo had you watch a bunch of movies to control your "cursed energy flow." You didn't really know what that meant, but you got free popcorn and leisure time.

It took you 3 movies to finally understand how to keep your energy steadily flowing around you. Apparently Yuji went through the same thing, except he had a worse time with Yaga's stuffed animal.

Once that had concluded, Gojo brought you to a training field with the other first years to get a sense of your strengths and weaknesses. It seemed as though you tried every exercise he could possibly think of, and you were able to come up with this list.

Strengths: nimble, quick
Weaknesses: little athletic ability, cannot handle swords or projectiles, complains a lot

The two lists were not impressive at all for anything combat related. It seems you've stumped the "Great Gojo Satoru," as he once called himself. However, Megumi pointed out that you could "probably be a medic."

You tilted your head towards him, but Gojo's internal light bulb went off.

"What a splendid idea Megumi! And since she's quick and nimble, she'd be able to be a field medic to assist on missions!"

"You're a genius Fushiguro! I'm always getting hurt on missions..." Yuji called from afar.

"Wait so what does that mean for me?" You asked, turning to face Gojo.

"Well, it means you suck at combat, and we're going to have Ieiri train you," he responded.

Gee thanks, you thought.

You stared at him, puzzled. "Who's that?"

"She's the nurse here, she specializes in medicinal sorcery," Megumi replied, joining the two of you. Yuji was quick to follow.

"Oh," you replied. You never had much experience with medicinal practice but every time you injured yourself it never got infected.

"Show her to Ieiri would ya?" Gojo asked the two first years who nodded in response.

Yuji led the way, talking almost the entire time. You walked beside him and listened to his rambling, laughing every now and then. He seemed very genuine and could be a good friend.

Megumi, on the other hand, trailed behind the two of you; barely engaging in conversation. When you looked back at him, he was always looking off in some random direction with a stoic look on his face. You didn't know what to think of him.

"And we're here!" Yuji said, gesturing to the nurses room the three of you stood before.

"Okay, thanks," you paused for a second, "is she nice?"

"I think so. But she did get really upset when she couldn't dissect my dead body," Yuji responded nonchalantly. Your jaw dropped as Megumi just snickered.

WHAT

"It's a long story that I may tell you later, but for now, good luck!" He said with a smile.

"Thanks," you sweatdropped.

"Bye y/n!" Yuji called out as he walked away with Megumi. You just sorta stood there and watched them walk away. It would've been awkward if someone saw you.

———

"Ah so you're the third first year?" Shoko, who she preferred you call her by, exclaimed while pulling on latex gloves.

"Yup, I guess so."

"Okay! Well I'm not gonna lecture you on the beginner stuff about controlling your cursed energy flow because Gojo said you knew how to do that already. Instead, I'm going to have you read some basic medical textbooks so you have a better understanding of how to treat wounds, create dressings, and asses damage; but not in that order."

She searched around her cupboards before placing 2 books in front of where you were sitting. The one was labeled Internal Medicine: Volume I and the other, So You've Decided You Want to Become A Doctor.

"Those are both fairly easy reads, but until you understand some stuff about the human body, treating one will be fairly difficult," she said to you with a smile.

You smiled back, taking in how many pages were inside each book. The smile was then wiped clean off your face when you saw they were each 1000 pages.

"Well, I'm gonna leave you to it. Study hard, but don't overwork yourself. I encourage taking breaks, and if you feel like you aren't retaining anything, maybe write down some notes," she slid you a notepad and a pen. "It was nice meeting you y/n, I'll be back eventually!"

Shoko walked out of the room leaving you with two very advanced textbooks. After looking at each of them for about an hour, you packed up your stuff and brought the books to the dining hall; you needed a snack break.

———

"And yeah that's all of us," Maki concluded. She just finished introducing you to all of the second years.

"Well, it was very nice to meet you all, but I have to get back to work now," you grumbled, opening up a textbook.

"Mustard leaf?" Inumaki's voice was heard from beside you.

"No it's okay, it's for my training." You wondered how he responded to more complex things in life using onigiri ingredients.

He nodded and walked over to sit with Panda, leaving you with Maki. She didn't say much seeing as you were studying, but you did see her try to catch a glimpse of what you are looking at.

"I'm training to be a medic. I have cursed energy flow that Shoko and Gojo believe can be used to treat others instead of to fight."

"Oh," she said. "Is that why you have medical books?"

"Yeah, gotta learn the basics before applying my cursed energy," you said, focusing on the different types of wounds. Maki nodded, and let you continue studying.

———

"Hey have you seen Itadori?" A voice startles you and diverts your attention from your book. You look up to see it was Megumi.

"Oh, hi Megumi," you looked at him with a puzzled expression, "Who's Itadori?"

Megumi sweat dropped at your response. He was baffled, "Um- you know him. You guys talk all the time..."

"You must be confused the only people I've really talked to are Yuji and now Maki."

He sighed with a slight smile, "Yes. Yuji Itadori."

"Oh, I've only ever met him on a first name basis. But to answer your question I don't know where he is, sorry." you responded with embarrassment on your face.

Megumi lightly chuckled, "It's alright, I'll find him eventually."

He turned from you and walked further into the dorms in search of Itadori while you remained on one of the couches. You glanced at a clock face and realized you should probably get something to eat and go to bed.

[word count: 1120]

Edited

😦