20- like it used to be

That night you lay awake in bed, allowing your interaction with Fushiguro to repeat over and over in your mind.

He still likes me huh, you rambled on in your brain. Truth is, you still had feelings for him after all these months, but not nearly like you did before. Maybe that's why you were so willing when he asked to see your eye.

With a sigh, you rolled to your side. You traced random shapes and lines on the wall beside you. The plaster wall was smooth, but cold to the touch. It was nice in a time like this.

The whole night you tossed and turned, kicking around in your sheets trying to get comfortable. Sleep was still a sore subject for you. Often times you would go to that vacant beach you saw months ago, and other times you were brought back to the domain. Unfortunately, good sleep never came, so you woke around 8 in the morning.

With a grumble, you got around to start the day. You resorted to wearing the Nanami eye patch since your f/c one was lodged in a couch somewhere. Finding it will be a fun task later.

While you got ready to leave, Itadori made his way towards your room with a spring in his step. He planned on asking you to breakfast, but Gojo said to grab you for a mission instead. Definitely not the same as breakfast, but for now it'll do.

"Yoo-hoo!" He called upon arrival. With a sly smirk, you pulled the eyepatch over your eye and answered the door.

"Hey, Yuji. I was just about to leave."

"That's perfect! Cuz Gojo says we're going on a mission."

"Just us two?" You asked, secretly hoping he'd say yes. You didn't want to deal with an overly awkward Fushiguro today.

"Nope, gotta grab Fushiguro," he replied. You internally groaned, not wanting to tell Yuji of last night. You feared he would grow jealous since he didn't get to see your eye before Fushiguro did.

"Knock knock!" Itadori called through Fushiguro's door. You heard muttering from within the room for a few moments before the door swung open. At first glance, he looked fine, but then you came to notice the bags under eyes and extremely disheveled hair.

"What— can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" He grumbled. Your gaze caught his for a moment before you turned away. All of a sudden the floor was very interesting.

"Well Gojo said we're going to another cursed building, so..."

"Ugh, give me five minutes," he shut the door rather aggressively, leaving you and Yuji in the hallway.

"I know he's a pain in the mornings but gee, he's never been this grumpy."

Great, you mentally replied while you let your back hit the wall. Yuji chuckled as he watched you slide down to the floor. He remained standing, and eventually a cranky Fushiguro appeared in front of you.

"Let's go!" Yuji exclaimed while leading the way to the "cursed" factory. On the way, you and Fushiguro would occasionally bump into each other, or hold eye contact for a moment before looking away. You wondered if this could get any more awkward, all of a sudden fearing the answer. The three of you walked in silence, but it had been growing more and more uncomfortable by the minute.

"This is our first outing together ever since..." you trailed off, looking at Fushiguro.

"Since my disappearance," he finished.

"Yeah. But it feels good to back with you guys," Yuji added. Gojo had been pairing the three of you off to go with other sorcerers or each other.

"It smells like shit in here," you stated on arrival. Yuji laughed and Fushiguro chuckled dryly. But you were serious. It smelled like literal feces. Upon closer inspection, you noticed the building was home to feral animals who had been using it like their litter box.