6- reflection

Once you were done fixing Nanami's broken foot, hand, and forearm you walked to the dining hall to eat Yuji's leftover takoyaki. He said you could earlier, so you weren't gonna tell him no. You guessed that Panda's leftovers were better than his if he was offering them to you.

As you pulled the takoyaki out of the microwave, you noticed Maki walking up beside you.

"Hey aren't those Itadori's?" She asked while examining the takoyaki.

"Yeah, he said I could eat it earlier but I never got around to it," you responded while having a bite.

So good, you thought.

"Hm, that's weird because the one time someone ate his leftovers we felt Sukuna-level anger radiate off of him for days. Actually, I think it was takoyaki," she pondered, trying to recall the incident.

"That is strange... and hypocritical actually." you mumbled as you thought about Megumi's previous statement. As you made your way to the couch, Maki followed.

"That reminds me, how's your training going? You know, as a medic?"

"It's alright," you responded before taking another bite of your food. It was weird why Maki was all of a sudden interested in having a conversation with you when last week she wouldn't even look in your direction.

She had a small scowl on her face before she forced a happier look, "That's great! But like, have you healed anyone?"

"Not yet, I've only been on one mission—"

"Oh yeah, the mission where you ended up getting hurt! How ridiculous is that?" She spoke spitefully.

You grimaced at her, "What is your deal?"

"I think it's unfair how you were blessed with being able to wield cursed energy, yet you can't even fight or make yourself useful," she spat. "I am one of the most skilled fighters in the school and I'm forced to wear these stupid glasses to even see curses."

"And what do you want me to do about it? I didn't ask to come here! I actually tried declining the offer!" You retaliated. All of a sudden the takoyaki tasted sour.

"I guess there is nothing you can do, but even so, you're still annoying," Maki quieted down.

"Whatever," you scoffed and walked towards your room after replacing the leftovers in the fridge.

The walk back to your dorm was swift, but of course you managed to bump into someone along the way.

"Hey l/n, how did training go?" Megumi asked. He wore a stoic expression on his face but you could tell he was curious.

"It was fine," you replied as you kept on your way. Fushiguro stepped in front of you.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, a small frown forming on his face.

"Yes! Just let me be salty in peace!" You groaned and walked around him. He let it happen and watched you go into your room before shutting your door a little harsher than intended.

"Yikes." He mumbled.

Why do people have to be so bothersome, you thought as you flopped on your bed and tried to nap.

———

Later that day, you couldn't find anyone within the school, so you made your way out to the training field. You noticed that almost everyone (except for you) was practicing their combat training.

No matter, you thought to yourself as you approached a tiny hill, I'll just watch.

As you sat down, you noticed a presence behind you.