10- carnival

As the hours passed, you had been slowly getting around for the carnival. Yuji had told you when it had started so you texted Megumi to let him know as well.

Once the time came to leave, you walked down the hall and knocked on Megumi's door 3 times before he opened it.

"Hey, are you ready?" You asked.

"Yeah, I was just about to leave actually," he said while you took in his outfit. He wore dark gray jeans with a navy sweatshirt that had a logo on the sleeve. He had black shoes on which allowed you to see a little bit of the red socks he wore. It was nice to see him out of his uniform.

"You look nice," you grinned.

He took in your outfit, "Thank you, you as well."

You blushed while he closed the door, "C'mon, let's go meet the others downstairs." The two of you walked in line with each other as you made it to the recreation hall where Inumaki and Panda were waiting.

"Hey guys," you greeted them.

"Kelp."

"Hello!" Panda bellowed. Megumi gave a shy wave as the two of you sat down on a couch near Panda and Inumaki's.

"Do you know who else will be here?" Megumi whispered into your ear, which gave you chills.

"U-uh no, Itadori said Maki might come, but I don't really like her," you replied, still in a whisper.

Fushiguro looked concerned, "Why not?"

"She's just jealous, don't worry about it."

"Okay, I trust you." He responded quietly.

Speak of the devil, Itadori walked into the room with Maki in tow. You smiled at them both and only received one in return.

"This everyone?" Yuji asked, gathering a mental head count.

"I think so," you smiled in response.

"Alright then, let's skidaddle!" He exclaimed while everyone followed him. As you walked, you could hear the carnival music from afar, but that was about it. As you walked the streets of Tokyo, you got distracted and pulled Megumi to a shop window.

"Woah, that's pretty," you admired while looking at an arrangement of flowers.

"We could get some if you'd like," Megumi offered. You looked at him with a smile before shaking your head.

"That's alright, we gotta catch up with the group," you replied while skipping along. Fushiguro laughed at your antics while he followed close behind.

Eventually, everyone made it to the carnival and paid for their tickets. Megumi tried paying for yours but you declined his request.

"Oh my goodness we have to get some takoyaki before we leave," you excitedly told Megumi as you passed a stand on your way in. He smiled while nodding.

Soon enough, the group disbanded as everyone went off to get food and play games. That left you and Megumi at a dart toss stall.

You gave the vendor some money and were handed 3 darts in return. You needed to pop 3 balloons in order to win a prize of choice. Thinking about it strategically, you thought you would have a better chance if you threw them all at once.

You looked at Megumi who was already looking at you, "This might be such a stupid idea but I'm hoping that it's stupid enough to work."

You bit your lip in concentration as you threw all three darts toward the balloons. Surprisingly, 2/3 darts popped a ballon. However, the third dart bounced off of it.