23- mall

To be honest, things between you and Itadori have been pretty weird since that day in the hall.

2 days after Megumi's "chat" with Itadori, the two of you were brought into Gojo's office in hopes to be sent on a mission. However, during the whole meeting, Itadori failed to acknowledge you. For the entire 60 minutes you were in there with him, he didn't even bat an eye in your direction. You couldn't help but admit that you were butt hurt; he was your first friend here.

Another incident happened yesterday, when you had accidentally bumped into him after getting lunch.

"Watch where you're going, would ya," he grumbled.

You stared at him for a moment before retaliating, "Who shoved a stick up your ass?"

"That bratty territorial boyfriend of yours. Just leave me alone," he snapped before presumably walking to his room.

Now, currently, you were relaying all of this information to Inumaki, who happened to be sitting on one of the couches when he caught you in a bad mood.

"I can understand why he would be upset— Megumi was kinda an ass to him about it, but it's not my fault!"

Inumaki had passed you a note that read jealousy.

Glancing at the cursed speech user, you asked "Why would I be jealous of Yuji Itadori?"

He shook his head before grabbing the note again. He scribbled out a letter before writing a few more.

"'Jealous of Fushiguro,' I don't understand, why would he be—"

"Are you sure? Because you're completely oblivious to the fact that he liked you all those months when we weren't together and probably still does..."

"—oh. And you knew that this whole time?" You asked, completely flabbergasted to the fact that Megumi was telling the truth.

He shrugged, "so so," he quietly responded.

Slightly shocked upon hearing him speak to you for the first time, your eyes widened. If you could see his mouth, you would know that he had smiled at you. But you couldn't, so you only saw his eyes close.

"This sucks," you concluded. Inumaki only patted you on the shoulder as he left the common room.

You continued to stay on the couch but this time you payed attention to what was on the tv. Apparently a new mall was opening up near the school. Perhaps you would have to check it out.

———

"—Yeah so that new mall is basically a breeding ground for curses," Gojo said nonchalantly to the first years.

He had called the three of you to his office for a potential cursed location. Yet, you failed to understand how a bustling mall full of life would cause curses to appear.

"Yikes," Megumi muttered as he looked through the report. "There's 3 stories and over 100 shops."

"Not to mention the food courts," you added. "Or the creepy bathrooms and gross ceiling tiles."

"See! She gets it!" Gojo exclaimed as he ran around the three of you. Megumi unwillingly sat in the middle between you and Itadori while you sat in the leftmost seat.

"Gets what? I'm lost," Yuji admitted.

Thank the lord. You were hoping that you wouldn't have to be the one to ask.

"Tch," Megumi scoffed before you elbowed him in the ribs. Itadori rolled his eyes.

"Gee, Fushiguro, if you know everything like you think you do then you wouldn't mind explaining it to me, right?"