11- fate

"You can come check out my room if you want," you offered as you walked into the building.

"Yeah sure, I just gotta change first." He responded. The two of you headed your separate ways for now, and during this time you quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and began to clean up your room. Let's be honest, it was not very clean.

Three knocks came from your door as you frantically shoved the last of your dirty laundry into a hamper that was then stowed away in your closet. "Come in!"

Megumi shyly walked into your dorm before he took it all in. Pictures were scattered all over the walls, and posters lined the ceiling. You had plushies in almost every corner of your room (now including Kole), and your curtains were colored. Your bedsheets were white, but you had fuzzy throw pillows and blankets to contrast them. You had fairy lights plugged in that lined the ceiling, so you never had your big light on.

"Wow, I'm not exactly sure what I expected your dorm to look like, but this definitely suits you," he said with a smile.

He sat on your bed and you joined him. "Thanks, I took a lot of pride in decorating my room here. Maybe I went a little overboard, but I wasn't really allowed to decorate my room back home."

"Why not?" He asked patiently.

"My parents are miserable which meant I had to be miserable too I guess.

"I'm sorry to hear that," he whispered. You grabbed his hand.

"It's alright. Just another perk of being here."

Megumi just gave you a sad stare, "Do you have other family?"

"Not really," you looked up and saw his upset gaze, "But, you can't miss what you never had, ya know."

Suddenly, you felt arms engulf you. You instinctively froze considering you weren't expecting it at all. After a moment, however, you tried your best not to melt in his arms. Instead, you returned the hug.

"Hey, are you alright? You're more upset than I am," you spoke lightheartedly. He nodded into your shoulder.

"You deserve so much more than what this world has to offer," His affirmation rang out in your head as it kept repeating in your mind. He traced circles on your back. "And I know what it's like to not have a family. I can imagine how it was for you and that makes me upset."

You pursed your lips as you kept him within your tight embrace. It almost seemed like he needed this hug. After staying in his arms for a little while longer, you felt his grip around you loosen. However, we wasn't exactly pulling away.

That's when it hit you.

He fell asleep.

You mentally panicked as you began to think of what to do.

I guess he could sleep in here, he is wearing sweatpants and a tshirt so it wouldn't be uncomfortable, you thought. Wait but then where would I sleep? I don't want to sleep beside him and make him uncomfortable.

You continued with your mental conflict as you gently laid him back into your bed before standing on the floor. He looked quite peaceful when he slept, and it was honestly a cute sight.

You walked over to dim the fairy lights until only a faint light emitted from them, and you sat at your desk; thinking about your current predicament.

Is it even allowed for him to sleep in my dorm? I wouldn't want him to get in trouble. But I don't want to wake him, and I sure as hell couldn't carry him back to his room. The thought of asking someone else what to do had also crossed your mind, but you didn't want any assumptions to go around about the two of you.