14- waiting

You woke up with a gasp and immediately flew out of bed. You needed to go to Nanami's office and tell him what had happened.

As you raced down the halls, you were given many surprising looks, including a confused expression from Itadori, but he could wait.

"Nanami!" You shouted and you bursted through his door. He was on the phone but your sudden arrival encouraged him to hang up for now. Before he even got the chance to open his mouth you told him all about your dream.

"Something happened, Nanami. He's out there somewhere and I found him! He's free! I-I can just feel it. I know it! You need to find him!" You cried out. Nanami was in deep thought before dialing a number in his phone.

"Gojo. Right. Come down- No, that can wait. This is important. Hurry." The call ended with a beep and shortly after, Gojo arrived in the office. After a quick explanation from Nanami, the two headed out the door.

"Wait! Please, take me with you!" The two sorcerers stopped before Nanami agreed. You found him once in a dream, you will find him again.

———

After three long hours of searching, you slouched down on a park bench. There was no word you could think of to describe what you are feeling. Gojo and Nanami must think you are some kind of nutcase. With your hands face down on the bench, you released a lot of cursed energy. It had been building up throughout the weeks and felt good to get rid of. All of your pent-up anger and grief dissipated with the energy and you let out a sigh.

Thump-Thump

You gasped. "What the hell was that!"

Gojo and Nanami turned to face you. "What was what?"

You tried expelling your cursed energy into the cement this time, and you heard it again.

Thump-Thump

"It's- It's over there," you spoke to yourself before blindly following the noise you heard. Gojo and Nanami sighed before following you.

You placed your palms on a wall before hearing it again coming from within an alleyway.

THUMP-THUMP

"Guys, I think there's something over here," you called to them as you advanced. Approaching the end of the alleyway, you stopped dead in your tracks. There he was, looking no different than he did in the dream.

"Megumi!" You cried as you rushed over to him. His head was bleeding from almost every side, and his limbs had been broken and bruised. His left wrist is bent out of place and you could tell by the way he was sitting that a rib of his was broken. Dried blood was caked in his hair and clothes.

Nanami quickly approached you and immediately called someone on the phone. "Heal him as much as you can," he said in between rings. You nodded and got to work.

All of his wounds were so overwhelming, but you decided to pour energy into his torso in hopes of healing any internal damage. In all the time it took for you to heal his internals, a car had pulled up by the alleyway. Gojo quickly got out of the drivers seat and helped bring him in the backseat.

On the way back to the school, you continued healing him by mending his bones, but there was only so much you could do. Healing his internal injuries took so much energy, and you were on the brink of passing out. You could only hope that he would last a little longer with your help.

———

It had been 3 days since Megumi had returned. Shoko had advised for no one to visit him, but you were an exception since you were often in her room anyways. To keep you busy, she had you take care of him: checking vitals, changing the IV, and monitoring him for any movement. She said it truly was a miracle that he managed to get out of the situation alive; he had sustained serious head trauma and multiple internal injuries.

At the end of the day, you found yourself sitting in Shoko's room patiently waiting for Megumi to wake up. He was still in a coma, it was likely he was in a coma in your dream, but he was guaranteed to wake up soon. For now it was just a waiting game. Hours had ticked by when Shoko appeared, requesting that you had left to get some real sleep. You reluctantly nodded, and trudged back to your dorm.

Despite her best wishes, you couldn't even manage to shut your eyes. Sleeping scared you. Being able to go to places that weren't meant to be found was terrifying, and you couldn't control when it happened. For now you thought it best to stay awake, so you made your way down into the rec hall.

Fortunately for you, not one person was awake. You sighed, pulling the hood of your hoodie over your head as you sat on one of the couches. The lights around you were dimmed and the TV was off, but you didn't mind. Maybe what you needed was to get out of your dorm.

Your brain was constantly replaying the last couple of days in your mind as you sat on the couch. Nothing feels real anymore.

"Maybe I just need a drink," you said to yourself as you got up. As you approached the fridge, you heard a soft yawn come from beside you. Gojo had been sitting on one of the countertops holding an apple that he had been eating.

"What're you doing?" You asked quietly. He stared at you; or at least you thought. You couldn't ever tell what he was looking at when his blindfold was on.

"I'm eating an apple— what does it look like I'm doing?" He retorted. You scoffed as you grabbed the water pitcher from the fridge.

"Can you at least grab me a cup?" You asked. Gojo twisted his body around and opened the cabinet he was sitting in front of. He handed you a tall clear glass.

"Thanks."

He hummed in response before he took another bite of his apple. How he ate was rather obnoxious, but you ignored it as you filled up your glass with water. Returning the pitcher to the fridge, you turned to look at him.

"Why are you awake?" You asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," he smirked before returning his attention back to his almost finished apple.

"Can't sleep."

"I have a hard time sleeping with the six eyes," he sighed. You had heard about that from Nanami, but you never really understood what it had meant.

"Oh," you responded. By now, he had finished his apple and had thrown away the core.

"You should probably get to bed. You have a mission tomorrow with Itadori," Gojo informed you.

"I can't sleep."

"Try drinking a glass of warm milk-" Gojo started.

"No you don't get it. I physically cannot allow my eyes to shut for more than a moment at a time. The idea of sleep terrifies me. I don't want to travel out of my body and stumble across something. I can't do it." You explained.

"Well, you can't be a zombie forever. The only way you are going to be able to figure this new ability out is by sleeping. Even if you do go somewhere, you'll have to wake up eventually."

You nodded at his reasoning, "Right. Goodnight Gojo."

[word count: 1257]

edited