25- apology

After 16 hours of relentless torture, Megumi Fushiguro began to crack.

He couldn't take it anymore. Every one of his fingers were broken, his legs were rendered useless, and his mental state was crumbling with each passing minute. It was worse than what he remembered it to be. It didn't help that 3rd degree burns were all over his chest, back, and shoulders.

And all he had to do was spill information. When he first got there, he told himself he wouldn't— he couldn't. But yet, with every punch, kick, and broken bone he endured the idea of telling them what they wanted to hear sounded sweeter and sweeter.

———

"... and that is why I am leaving," you stood in front of Nanami who was filing paperwork at his desk.

"I mentally do not have what it takes. I'm sorry."

Nanami stared down at the uniform that you had placed on his desk.

"Thank you for everything."

Nanami didn't respond as you walked out the door. Part of you wished he would. Part of you wished he would call out to you and tell you that you were wrong, and that you do have what it takes to be a sorcerer. You wanted him to tell you that Megumi would be back soon, and that everything would be fine.

But he never did.

Instead he watched you leave, knowing exactly how you felt. He wanted to stop you, but he couldn't. He knew there was no changing a stubborn mind like yours.

You walked down the hall and saw the doors to the building. You had a small bag on your back that contained all of your personal items and valuables. As you got closer to the doors, you could feel a small sense of relief wash over you.

"STOP!"

With your fingers wrapped around the handle you froze completely. You couldn't bring yourself to move your legs or arms. Slowly, you painfully turned your head to look behind you. Your eyes widened.

"Inumaki?" You croaked out. Standing, or sitting, beside him was divine dog. Shortly after seeing the two, your paralysis ended and you collapsed to the floor.

Divine dog ran up to you and barked. You used him as support while you stood.

"I don't understand," you spoke to Inumaki. He handed you a note.

It appeared in front of me and led me to you.

"I-I was leaving. Permanently."

His face fell, "follow me."

All of a sudden you felt obligated to follow him. He led you back into the common room where Gojo sat.

"L/n, I thought you were leaving."

"Well I was trying to but someone had other plans," you gave Inumaki a small glare.

"Divine dog appeared and would not stop barking until he found you. He was summoned," Gojo began. "I wasn't aware that Megumi could summon it under these circumstances-"

Divine dog interrupted Gojo while it began to bark. It ran off towards the student dorms.

"Anyways, in regards to you leaving, you need to fill out a number of papers and non-disclosure agreements before you-"

You tuned him out and began to walk in the direction divine dog walked off in. Hearing Gojo calling out behind you only made you speed up.

As you made it to the hallway, you saw divine dog barking and scratching outside of your door.

"Relax dude, I have to unlock it."

You fiddled around in your pockets only to be disappointed. Your keys were in the uniform you turned into Nanami before you left.

"Sorry divine dog, I don't have my keys. I'm not really sure what you want in there anyway."

This answer seemed to dissatisfy divine dog, who began to rapidly scratch at the door.

"Hey! Stop! I can't afford to replace the door! Divine dog!" You shouted as it carved away a hole in the bottom of the door. It wiggled through the hole and began crying once inside.

You impatiently shifted your weight, as if you expected divine dog to unlock the door for you. Groaning, you ran towards Nanami's office.

Barging in, you grabbed your uniform off of his desk and began to sift through the pockets.

"I thought you were leaving."

"Something is wrong Nanami. Divine dog is here again." You had told him of your encounter with divine dog and Geto the night before.

"What do you mean?" He asked as you fished your keys out of your pants pocket.

"He chewed a hole through my door and is crying inside. I need to go."

You left his office as quickly as you entered, and took off towards your dorm room. As you ran, you picked the dorm key off of the ring and held it close. You shakily entered the key into the lock and twisted it, opening the door.

"Megumi?" You gasped, instantly dropping to the floor beside divine dog. You rolled the person over so they were laying on their back, and it was, indeed, Megumi.

"GOJO!" You shouted towards the door. You lifted Megumi's head off the floor while divine dog bounded down the halls.

"I'm sorry, Gojo. I'm so sorry," he cried in between shaky breaths. As you lifted him closer to you, your arms snaked their way around his torso.

"I-It's gonna be alright, I have you now," you carefully hugged him tight to your chest while he cried. You planted a kiss on his bloodied head.

"I'm so sorry Gojo," he wept,

"I'm sorry."

[word count: 942]

editedbbbbbb

He cracked😥

Anyways why's he so pretty wtf