4- a true test of strength

After a few more stressful days of training, you have been able to efficiently close puncture wounds without draining all of your energy. The fastest you've been able to close a wound thus far is under 3 minutes. Still not the greatest time but you're making progress.

So much progress, in fact, that Gojo is sending you on a mission with the other first years. Of course it wasn't anything serious. The task was to clear out 4th and 3rd grade curses from an abandoned building nearby.

You were excited. Now was your chance to put your skills to the test. Even though Megumi and Yuji were highly capable of exorcizing the curses that were bound to be there, there was still a chance you would be needed.

In all honesty, you hoped one of them got hurt so you had the opportunity to heal them. It sounds selfish, but they'll be fine.

"Okay, are you guys ready to go!" Gojo exclaimed as he stood before the 3 first years.

"I think so," you checked your belt (that Ieiri gave to you) and made sure that it had everything you needed: antiseptic, needle and thread, gauze, and bandages. Even though you heal with cursed energy, you'd rather be safe than sorry.

"Alright, let's roll out!" Yuji exclaimed excitedly. It had been awhile since he had gone on a mission and was excited have you join him. Megumi too, of course.

The three of you made your way to the location Gojo sent to you on your phones. It wasn't often that sorcerers were allowed to keep devices on them, but Gojo said as long as he was around, you'd be fine. Egomaniac.

Just from standing outside of the building you could feel cursed aura emanating from inside. It gave you chills.

"You okay y/n?" Yuji asked.

"Yeah I'm good, I just didn't expect it to be this creepy," you faltered.

"Better get used to it," Megumi stated. You eyed him up with a blank expression as you followed the two boys into the building.

Looking around, you noticed the walls were crumbling down and parts of the ceiling were caved in. There was water damage all over the place, and too many broken windows to count.

"Yuji! To your left!" Megumi exclaimed as Yuji then turned, seeing a grade 3 curse.

"This is light work," Yuji scoffed. To you, it looked like it had been light work for Yuji, but it was stronger than he anticipated.

Despite being able to easily exorcise it, Itadori was surprised on how well it had been able to defend itself. Maybe he just underestimated it.

After a few more small curses had been exorcised, the atmosphere had lifted. However, you still couldn't help but feel like something is wrong.

"I dunno guys," you said, grabbing the attention of Megumi and Itadori. "This place still gives me the heebie-jeebies."

"It's just the mildew and the caved in ceilings. This place is creepily ominous," Yuji observed.

"No I mean more than that. I feel like there's still another curse here. Maybe it's just a hunch but..." you trailed off.

"I'm telling you, it's just the building-"

"Itadori. Stop." Megumi interjected. "She's right, we're not alone. And besides, hunches are usually correct in these cases. Let's just take once last look around."

"Sheesh, alright," Yuji responded while kicking a small stone. Ouch.

In order to get out of there faster, the three of you split up in order to clear the building— one person per floor. The idea of this made you a little uneasy because you weren't the best at combat, however you knew that you could always run away.