8- his fascination

"Let's get you up, yeah?" He grabbed your hands and brought you to your feet, allowing you to use him as a stabilizer. You were able to move again rather quickly, but you still remained very close to Megumi as you entered the building once again.

As you got closer, you heard explosions, meaning that Jogo was most likely here. Nearing the third floor, the two of you slowed in hopes to scout the area. Glancing around the corner into the room, you saw Gojo fighting Jogo and Nanami fighting a guy with long black hair. You stepped away from the doorframe.

"Gojo and Nanami are occupied. But there's one curse who I didn't see. The one who pushed me out of the building—"

"Awwww are you guys talking about me? Stop~," Mahito interjected. Megumi instinctively placed his arm in front of you as he took a step forward.

"Who are you?" Fushiguro demanded.

"Aw you don't know? That hurts a bit," he fake pouted as he took a look at you. "I thought I told you not to come back? I was surely hoping your little fall would've done the trick. No matter, I'll just finish you now."

Megumi looked enraged as he made a few quick hand motions. Soon enough, his black divine dog appeared in front of you. Almost immediately it started attacking Mahito, with Fushiguro joining in shortly after.

"L/n, go! Help Gojo and Nanami," he shouted behind him.

You swallowed before nodding. You were worried that he might not be able to defeat Mahito. However, you couldn't afford to think negatively, so you hurried into the room where Nanami was frantically looking out the window.

"Where's Jogo and the other guy?" You asked, startling Nanami.

He was quick to engulf you in a hug, "You scared me. I'm glad you are okay."

"Don't worry about me, Fushiguro is fighting Mahito in the hallway-" you were quickly cut off as Megumi shot through the wall and into you. You fell on the floor from impact. He quickly got up as he put himself in front of you.

If you weren't so focused you wouldn't have noticed his hand sticking out behind him. There was a huge gash across his dominant hand's palm. You hurried to heal him before Mahito could notice. As you finished you gave him a high five, letting him know it was done.

"L/n, go heal Gojo, I'll assist Megumi," Nanami ordered. You nodded as you approached Gojo. His clothes were scorched and ruined, but they allowed for you to see all of his old and current wounds.

The most prominent wound was on the center of his abdomen. It looked like he had sustained a direct blow from some sort of explosion. Beside it, there was a knife that resided near his rib cage.

Gojo didn't say anything as you began to heal the explosion wounds. As you finished those up, you muttered an apology before quickly removing the knife from his side and then applying pressure.

"Hey, don't wear yourself out. We heard you heal yourself, you're nearing your limit," Gojo spoke quietly.

"Stop talking, you're wasting your energy," you spat as you continued applying pressure. However, as you pressed down you made sure your cursed energy was flowing into the wound. You assumed it hit a vital due to the amount of energy you were expending into Gojo. It was scary how seemingly easy Gojo had been taken down. It worried you for the future.

"L/n watch out!" Nanami yelled. Mahito had been trying to target you in hopes of Gojo dying as a result. However, thanks to Nanami and Megumi, this is the first attack that got close to you.

You couldn't turn around because you would lose your progress with Gojo, so you braced for impact. A knife plunged into your back as you let out a soft cry.