21- Mario Kart

This chapter gets a lil spicy at the end but nothin too crazy🤭🤭

As the days went by, you found yourself fighting the urge to wear the eyepatch. Granted, most of the times you still wore one, but occasionally you didn't. Even so, the days you didn't wear one were full of assurance thanks to Megumi.

Speaking of which, the two of you had been getting close again. He would often sit by you at dinner, telling you of the cursed locations Gojo dragged him to earlier that day. You would laugh at his stories, and sometimes tell your own.

Yet, you struggled to call him by his first name, especially when there were other people around. You were unsure why, seeing as it rolled off your tongue so easily months ago. He sometimes looked upset when you referred to him by his last name, considering he called you strictly by your first. Truly, you wished to be on a first name basis again but you just couldn't bring yourself to say his name.

"...But he won't tell me what it's about. It kinda upsets me," Fushiguro complained to you. Earlier, he was lounging in Gojo's office before he was kicked out unexpectedly.

"Yeah that is weird. I mean he's usually mysterious— but not around you. You're his favorite," you added. The two of you were sitting in the common room waiting for late dinner.

"Pfft, I dunno if I'm his favorite anymore now that Itadori exists. Seems I'm always competing with him for something," he paused and looked at you before turning away. "Besides, you say that like it's a bad thing. Don't think I haven't noticed you and Nanami," he smirked at that last bit, washing away his sour expression.

"Okay don't say it like that— ever," you sassed while he laughed. "And yeah, I am his favorite. He's made it very clear to me."

"I can see that, literally," he referenced the Nanami eye patch that you were currently wearing. Ever since you lost the other one in the couch, you haven't been able to find it. Hopefully nobody took it, but you couldn't imagine that anyone would.

"Whatever," you playfully rolled your eyes and turned the other way, crossing your arms in the process.

"Oh, guess what?" Fushiguro asked excitedly.

"What?" You whipped your head to face him.

"You know that thing I was saving up for?"

Your eyes lit up, "No way!"

"Yes way, c'mon I'll show you." He grabbed your hands and pulled you off the couch before leading you back to the dorms.

The two of you ran down the halls like crazed people as you passed by the dorms that didn't belong to Megumi. He led the way, occasionally looking back at you, and you couldn't help but smile.

"Alright," he unlocked his door and opened it for you. It looked pretty much the same as it did the last time you were in here. Except, a nintendo switch that sat on his dresser.

You gasped as you walked up to it, it's red and blue controllers sticking out of the charging dock. You even noticed he managed to get a tv in here.

Almost as if he read your mind, he said, "I had to beg Gojo to let me get a tv from one of the break rooms. But I'm sure whoever used it before me will be fine without one for now."

You laughed while you took your shoes off, and Fushiguro did the same. All of a sudden, neither of you were very hungry anymore.

———

Megumi's POV:

Man, if I knew a switch was all it would take for her to hang out with me I would've bought it ages ago. And there she was, sitting on my bed scrolling through the three games I had for it; Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., and The Legend of Zelda BOTW. I hadn't played much of the games since I didn't have the time, but I like them.