(𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

ALL THAT SHE HAD BEEN DOING WAS MEDITATING. And she had to be honest: she hated it. It didn't make her calmer. In fact, it made her even more frustrated.

"Don't stress yourself about it," the monk said, sitting under the tree that was right beside hers, "The more you think about it, the more desperate you get, therefore the reason why you cannot succeed."

The yamabushi had his eyes shut and his hands neatly on his lap. F/n sighed out through her nose, eyes slowly fluttering close.

In... Out...

In... Out...

In... Out...

In. Out.

That was all that she thought about for the past few minutes, following exactly what the monk had told her to do.

In... Out...

F/n inhaled a deep breath and exhaled sharply, expressing her true emotions. Frustration.

"You won't be able to concentrate that way," the monk said, causing her to turn her head to him, "Just understand the flow of your breathing as the air goes in and out. You don't need to always repeat the words 'in' and 'out'."

To say that F/n was surprised would be an understatement. Just what else could this monk do?

Thinking about the monk made her sick in the stomach. She was told that he was quirkless and yet he could do more than she could, someone with a quirk.

"Don't worry yourself too much," he spoke again, "Aizawa is right, you are an over-thinker."

F/n stayed quiet, not knowing how to respond to that.

"Tell me, Young L/n," he then said after a while, "Why are you an over-thinker?"

She didn't know.

"Is there a purpose of being an over-thinker?"

She did not know.

"You don't know the answer now, do you? Then let me ask again, why are you an over-thinker?"

"I don't know," she finally answered.

"Close your eyes," he instructed and she followed, "Now, breathe in. Breathe out."

In... Out...

In... Out...

After a few minutes of focusing on her breath, she suddenly couldn't hear anything, not even the tweeting of the birds and the rustling of the leaves, only having her mind concentrated on one thing. Her breathing.