(𝐗𝐗.)𝐔𝐍𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐘

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

"YOU HAVE TO BE MORE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS," Aizawa lectured, already having to go over this a hundred times that day.

F/n emotionlessly nodded at her teacher as he heaved out a tired sigh. He was tired, for sure. Tired of her antics. Ever since losing to the Nomu, she was unable to keep up with stabilising her mentality and it wasn't just a disadvantage to her but to Aizawa as well.

"L/n," he called, voice back to sounding tired and monotone, "You need to-"

"-keep myself calm. Got it," she said, nodding once at him.

It turned quiet and the atmosphere grew tense. F/n feared that she had angered her teacher as she gulped, feeling fear as the second emotion she felt that day. After the first: guilt.

She hadn't at all slept last night, the dark circles evident under her eyes. Her mind was preoccupied with the events that had happened the night before, it was traumatising not because she nearly just died but before the inability to save someone.

"Sorry..." she muttered, eyes not daring to meet her teacher's.

Aizawa, however, sighed. He rubbed his temples as he thought about how to respond.

"How many times do I need to tell you to not say 'sorry'?" he asked and the girl opened her mouth to say something when he stopped her, "It doesn't matter, L/n. What mattered was that you had tried your best to save them."

Aizawa narrowed his eyes on her despite her avoiding him.

"A hero is a person who is willing to risk their lives in saving someone," he quoted before repeating himself, "Remember, a hero is a person who is willing to risk their lives to save someone."

F/n kept quiet.

"And you know what?" he asked, "People can make mistakes, whether it can be forgiven or not, they do. It's just a part of the process. No one can be right all the time nor can they not make a single mistake their whole life."

"I killed someone," her voice cracked as she said that, causing her to inhale before continuing, "Two."

"You did not kill them, that is not the right word to use," Aizawa stated, "You tried your best in saving them but you failed and I am not angry at all. Maybe slightly disappointed that you froze up right then and there but you still have a large room for improvements."

"Even if I do improve, I might still not be good enough to save someone or rather, be a hero," she responded.

"No," he agreed, surprising F/n the slightest bit, "You might not. And that is because you don't believe in yourself. If you continue doing that, your quirk might be nonexistent to you even if it's right inside you."