𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THE THREE OF THEM RAN UP THE STAIRS, PANTING AS THEY DID. F/n was right at Midoriya's tail while Melissa faltered a little behind them.

"They are here!" two villains started shooting them mercilessly with their guns.

F/n created a layer of protection for the three of them and kicked one right in the head while Midoriya sent one down the stairs.

Within a few minutes, they were already on the top floor of the tower. None of them was harmed, thanks to F/n's barrier around them the whole time and Midoriya's attacks against the villains.

The three of them were crouching down, hiding from potentially being found. They were trying to get to the control room, rounding up a corner when they paused to look around.

"Someone's there," Midoriya warned, looking into the room filled with gadgets and technologies.

Melissa gasped upon seeing the man who stood in front of the computers, "Dad?"

"You're right!" Midoriya quietly exclaimed as F/n furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Why is he here?" she asked, "Do you think he's being held captive?"

"We have to save him!" Melissa glanced at her.

F/n nodded and turned to Midoriya for approval. The boy gave her a nod in confirmation and crawled his way into the storage room.

"It's all according to our plan, isn't it?" the rounder one of them asked, "It looks like the villains are doing well too."

"Thank you," the taller of the two said, "It's all because of your arrangements, Sam."

'Arrangements?' F/n thought, glancing at Melissa who looked utterly hopeless.

"Dad..."

The two men glanced at the entrance of the room, finding not only the scientist's daughter but also two of her friends.

"Melissa..." her father breathed out.

"Miss!" his partner exclaimed, "What are you doing here?"

But the girl did not respond and instead stepped into the room even more.

"What do you mean by 'arrangements'?" she asked, still in disbelief as she slowly approached her father, "Dad, don't tell me you're the one behind this incident. In order to get that device? Is that true, Dad?"

The man lowered his head, almost as though he was guilty before he raised it back to look at his daughter, "It is."

Midoriya and F/n ran up to each of Melissa's sides, one also in disbelief while the other, caution.