Chapter 24

Searching
Katibah Elle
Chapter 24

Waves lapped over each other, a soothing crashing of blue and turquoise, highlighted by the frothy, sparkly white bubbles.

Hidden away from the rest of the world, Tahseen and Zuhair enjoyed a luxurious honeymoon, on a dreamy private beach in the lands of Majorca, Spain.

Their luxury villa featured a fine art exterior, all in a modern white and black, with touches of steel.
The large living space boasted natural light, top to bottom windows across the threshold, giving way to a stunning view of the private pool, with the backdrop of the ocean.

Marbled floors and a colour pallet of warm shades, of a golden honey and silky cream, each element complementing each other.

The open-plan kitchen, gave home to drops of round pendant lights in a rose gold metallic finish, over a large white gloss kitchen island.

The kitchen fully accessorised, held a variety of pure and authentic Spanish ingredients, as well as, a on call personal chef and discreet staff, ready to cook and bake to your hearts content.

The honeymoon suite itself was massive, with a large bed in the centre of the room, and vast mirror walls on either side. Champagne coloured carpet ran across the room, so lush and thick, your toes could practically melt into to softness.

The mirror wall on the right, slid across to reveal a walk in closet, separated into his and hers. Perfectly organised, their clothes already neatly packed away by the staff. Zuhair had thrown in some silky lace numbers while they were packing, deliberately bringing out the red rosy cheeks in Tahseen.

He loved seeing her blush, while biting her lip nervously, unable to look at him. It made him think of her as the first time he had met her, the young doctor, too flustered to be around him.

The mirror wall on the left of the bedroom opened up to a spacious bathroom, designed in marbled black and grey.
A wall to wall shower, encased in glass, against a handcrafted stone mosaic, navy and sky blue tones exuding an alluring effect.

In the middle, sat a bathtub surrounded by a mini garden.
White little pebbles amongst the healthy, forest green moss. The delicate cluster of small white flowers, known as Queen Anne’s Lace, peaked out shyly.
Built in stairs made for an easy excess, in and out of the bathtub without ruining the tiny earthy display.

Undoubtedly a misty fairyland, earth meeting sapphire darkness, the perfect place for the honeymoon couple to be entertained.

The beauty did not stop there, pulling away at the bedroom curtains, the glass sliding doors opened to an invitation of a steamy hot tub amongst a lovely pruned garden.
Fully concealed from the rest of the world, high rose bushes made sure for a private affair.

An outdoor shower built on the far left, of natural red sandalwood covered up by greenery and vines served as a modern day rain shower.

Inside the bedroom, Tahseen flopped onto one of the large fluffy bean couches, in front of the quaint and romantic fireplace, and sighed in bliss.

“Zuhair, this place is so beautiful. I want to sleep in front of the fire place forever. Oh my gosh look! There’s goodies!” Tahseen squealed in delight and grabbed hold of the box of chocolate dipped marshmallows, strawberries and coconut cookies.

Zuhair watched in amusement as she stuck some marshmallows and cookies onto the wooden sticks given, and slowly roasted them by the fire.
She stuffed her mouth with the gooey sweetness and Zuhair chuckled.
She was adorable when she let go of her insecurities.

Noticing a little pink marshmallow stuck to her mouth , he leaned forward and caught her lips in a heated kiss.
Letting go of her soft lips, she stared back at him, slightly breathless and he smirked, “You had a little something there.”

Her eyes glowed with mischief and she grabbed the front of his shirt, pulling him down right on top of her.
She leaned forward very slowly, causing Zuhair’s jaw to tick in lustful anticipation. Just a breath away from his lips, he felt her snake her fingers slowly to his sides, and then....

She tickled him with no mercy.

Zuhair’s eyes flew wide open, feeling a little shocked and completely betrayed, barely able to take in a gasp of air.
Tahseen rolled him over, straddled him and pinned him down with a giggle. “Two can play this game Zuhair, and I love a challenge..” she murmured, licking the melted chocolate on her fingers.

She gracefully hopped off of him and sauntered towards the sliding doors.
She turned back to look at Zuhair and winked, “Come catch me, if you can.”

Zuhair threw his head back against the fluffy bean couch, and laughed so hard.
He knew he married the right woman, there will never be a dull  moment with this lively spirited Tahseen.
He sprung up and ran after her.

Once outside he caught hold of her hand and pulled her against him. Her soft gasp made him grin in victory.
Staring in her eyes, he backed her up against the vines, under the outdoor shower.
Gently he tucked away a lock of hair that fell over her eye.
He opened the hot water spring on the beam above of them, the spurts of water just a soft spray over them.

“Zuhair.” She whispered.
“Hmmmm?” he rumbled.

“Do you think it will always be like this for us? This lightness, being so content and happy with each other? I.... I’m scared that as time goes on, and as the reality of life seeps in, we might drift away. What if my grandfather finds a way to harm you? What will I do if that happened? I can’t possibly imagine. Having you and suddenly not having you anymore, it would be the worst kind of torture.”

His heart constricted at her voicing his very own fears, “I think that it’s inevitable that as time goes on, a relationship will take a strain. If both of us are determined to keep the love alive, to be each others solid foundation, then no matter how big or small something may hit us, we will recover from it. Our love will mature, only if we are willing to let it be so. Our reliance should only be in Allah, that we turn to him even in the darkest of times, and we thank him when life’s perfect for us. Your grandfather may plan whatever he likes, in the end, only what is meant for us will be. The most we can do Tahseen, is live each day by packing it with as much faith and good memories as possible.”

In that exact instant, a burst of rain fell over them, mixing with the hot spring of the outdoor shower, drenching Zuhair and Tahseen under the pretty sky, as their lips sought out each other, kissing and gasping, the flavours of their first love enticing, a lovers kiss beneath the rain.