Chapter 26

Searching
Chapter 26
Katibah Elle

“Hey baby...I’m on my way right now, I’ll be there in the next five minutes..
Yeah, I got all the ingredients for dinner...and I bought us a little treat for after...
What?!
No. No, it’s not lingerie! Seriously woman! What do you think of me? I am not a beast of base desires, well.. not for the most part anyway.
It’s to eat! Haha very funny.
Ohhh?? Is that so? I guess I can schedule a make out session with Dr Tahseen Hassim Adam. Trust me, there’s no one more happier than I, knowing that you have your own office now. As your husband, it is my duty to tell you, that you need a very, very sturdy desk and a comfortable chair.
Hmmmm.
Oh, and Tahseen , I am so proud of you. Today is your day. You will be amazing, don’t stress. I can’t wait to see you.
I love you too. Was Salam.”

Zuhair ended the call with Tahseen and grinned.
The gorgeous minx honestly thought that he’d celebrate her art mural completion at the hospital, with lingerie.

Tempting.. Oh so tempting!

Humming a little happy tune, as he turned right at the robot, he had to admit, that was definitely one way to celebrate.
Seduction and romance, it had to be the best combination.

But no, he had better plans for his wife, a little surprise party with close friends and family.

They’d both been working non stop for the past few weeks.
Tahseen had finally completed her mural.
She refused to allow him to see it, and both she and Eric have banned him from the children’s ward.
He didn’t push it, as he knew that this was important to Tahseen, he respected her space.

Every night, she’d work with the mural, designs, sketches and colour coordination.
She and Eric started a new children’s foundation for kids that have been neglected by their parents or guardians, those children that have been subjected to extreme abuse.

He’d seen her with the kids, and for someone who didn’t want to become a Doctor, she definitely had a knack for treating the children physically and emotionally.
The little love she left behind, gave every child a glimpse of hope.
His woman, was unlike any other, embracing her strengths and giving strength to those that needed it most.

This evening, he wanted her to take a break. She worked very hard and made sure to keep him happy too.
So tonight was no cooking, no work, just a relaxed evening celebrating her achievements.

Six months into marriage, and Zuhair and Tahseen couldn’t be happier.
Since the honeymoon, both husband and wife spent every second in finding new and different depths of each other, allowing their personalities to gel and mould into a their own personal brand of love.

He absolutely loved watching the sparkle in her eyes shine brighter everyday, her sass only getting sassier, bringing out his competitive beast.
Theirs was a dance between the sassy minx and beastly prince.

They were both in such opposites spectrums of each other, yet being together, just fit.
Literally too, she tucked away perfectly under his arm, snuggled against his chest when sleeping.

Zuhair had noticed that Tahseen loved her sleep.
She’d sleep in as often as possible, while Zuhair was an early bird.
He didn’t mind, that for two to three hours while she slept, he could stare at his beautiful wife, breathing softly, her long lashes fanning the tips of her cheekbones.
She always looked so peaceful, and he would often wonder if her soul was finally enroute to being healed.

She never spoke much of her demons, but Zuhair had noticed that at every morning prayer, she’d just sit on her prayer mat, completely still, staring at nothing.
This itself was progress, but he was waiting for the day the tears fell, her cries of supplication to Allah.
It was something that he couldn’t push, it had to come from her, and that’s when she will know it’s needed.

All he wanted, was for his wife to know her worth, to let go of the insecurities that made her distant in faith and to just let it all go.
With small reminders and gentle encouragement, he strove to be better for her, than he was for his sister.
He couldn’t change her, and he didn’t want to. What he looked for, was her own realisation from within.