Chapter 28

Searching
Katibah Elle
Chapter 28

Tahseen dried the tears from her cheeks and sat up from the rumpled bedsheets.

Taking a deep breath, she straightened her back and grabbed her tear stained pillow, ripping off the pillowcase cover.

This thing needed a wash, after her all night crying.

Yes she was hurt, but she wasn’t going to sit and sob for an entire week, until Zuhair returned home.

She wasn’t keen on playing games, and she’d prefer to address the issue at hand directly.
Zuhair withholding what really happened was the least of her worries, she needed to nip the main issue in the bud.

Taking out her phone, she made the call for information.
It was time for a road trip, and as it happened she was going to see her hubby dearest.

***

Zuhair scowled as Eric pulled off the duvet cover.

The two men shared a room at the Valli’s Hotel.

Zuhair had met with the family, and after taking a look at their books, he knew that he needed more than a few days to sort out the mess.
He had the information to complete his work, and now he was more than happy to hibernate in the hotel room.

Eric coming with, was part of the plan to help him heal, and the Valli’s were more than happy to entertain them both.

“Listen, I didn’t lie to your wife, to come all the way here, to take care of your sorry ass, when you refuse to help yourself. I said bed rest not a depressed rest, and just so you know, I whole heartedly disagree with your decision. You can’t run Zuhair, and I have never known you to be a coward.” Eric reprimanded him.

Zuhair narrowed his eyes at Eric, his scowl a shade darker, “That’s all dandy
For you to say, you don’t have a crazy grandfather after your skull.”

“You’re right.” Eric agreed, “I don’t have a someone trying to kill me, neither do I have a sweet wife waiting at home, that deserves better than your lies to protect her. Look what lying about Aaliyah’s death did to you. Do you really want to go down that route, again?”

Zuhair jaw clenched as he flexed his hand.
He did not answer.

He didn’t have an answer.
All he felt, was that as long as he wasn’t in close proximity to Tahseen, she wouldn’t be hurt.
She will be fine without him, for now. Until he figured out what to do.

Her grandfather wanted his blood, not hers. He wouldn’t hurt his only precious granddaughter, Zuhair was certain of that.

Zuhair still preferred that she stay at her parent’s house while he was away, because while her grandfather may not actually hurt her, he was not comfortable knowing that she was alone, while her grandfather’s men were keeping track of her whereabouts.

Besides, being with her, having her hold him and kiss him while his body ached in pain, only made it more unbearable.
Having her look at him with all her love, only made it harder for him to stay and tell her the truth.

He hated lying to her, and if she found out, he knew she’d be upset.
But it was his duty to protect her.
The last thing he wanted, was for an attack on him, to result in Tahseen getting hurt in some way.

This was for the best, he was safe here, for now, healing his bruises, and it gave him time to think of a way to get through to Moosa.
He didn’t want to start a fight with the man, he wanted a truce, and he needed to work on something for that to happen.

Eric threw a towel at his face, “Go and take a shower please, we’re invited for a formal lunch at the Valli residence, and yes we have to go, it’s rude and suspicious if we don’t. Also, I’m tired of eating hotel food, even though it’s good.”