Chapter 34

Searching
Katibah Elle
Chapter 34

Zuhair loved every minute of having a pregnant wife, and he couldn’t be happier.

He lay his head gently on her tummy, cradling her five month swell with his hands.

He looked up to see Tahseen smiling down at him and he grinned back, “It’s a boy, today I can tell, it is one hundred percent a boy.”

Tahseen giggled, causing her bump to bounce under Zuhair’s cheek, “Really? But just yesterday you said it’s a girl, because my eyes were shining brightly.”

Zuhair nodded mischievously, “Oh yes definitely, perhaps there’s a twin hiding somewhere. So..maybe one girl and one boy?"

Tahseen leaned down towards him, her nose was touching Zuhair’s, “Darling, I think you forget that I’m a Doctor too. If there was a twin, I would have definitely known. Besides, for the next few scans, I’m going to close my eyes, I know I’ll be able to tell if it’s a girl or boy. I’d love for the gender to be a surprise, what do you think?”

Zuhair moved closer to her bump and he contemplated this, “It would be nice to know, so that purchasing baby items would be much easier, ummm buuut I agree with you. The thrill of finding out at birth has an appeal, besides knowing the gender will only put pressure on me to think of a baby name..”

Tahseen gasped in mock offence, “Zuhair Adam! How could you not think of a name! So all this time, whenever I suggested a name, you just agreed to every suggestion because you couldn’t think of anything?”

Zuhair pulled the duvet over his head, his embarrassed expression only making Tahseen laugh harder.

“It’s not funny, it’s a child! Not a pet, and I didn’t want to ummm ...” his muffled voice could be heard from beneath the duvet.

Tahseen gently lifted a corner and peeked under, “We pick a name that has a good meaning, or names after a person of good character or it can have a significant value to either of us. No pressure, OK? ”

Before he could reply, Zuhair felt a thud inside her stomach, and in shock he lifted his head.
His wide eyes met hers, as Tahseen gasped, she grabbed his hand and placed it over her stomach, and sure enough Zuhair felt a other thud, harder this time.

“The baby is kicking..” Tahseen murmured, her gaze never leaving his.

Zuhair looked down at her stomach in wonderment, “Our baby is kicking.....”

Zuhair leaned over, his hands stroking her bump as he spoke to her belly softly, “ Asalam mualy kum little baby Adam. It is an honour to hear you knocking, your mum and dad love you so much. I just want you to know, that it doesn’t matter if you are a girl or a boy, or if you’re round and chubby or teeny and tiny. All that matters, is that you have the soft nature of your mother...”

"... and the strong faith of your father.” Tahseen continued as she kissed Zuhair’s forehead, and he sighed with contentment.

He was at ease now that she recovered very well from the accident.
Physically she was doing excellent, but Zuhair, her mother and father were very careful about mentioning anything about her grandfather.
Moosa Hassim had an ongoing trial, and Zuhair made sure to follow it, having all the information at hand.
Right now the man was pleading to be mentally unstable, in order to get away with his crime, but Kaju Khala was not giving up so easy.

Zuhair prayed that the man was given what he deserved, but his focus was on making sure Tahseen was in a good place without any information regarding him. It was a trigger for her, and Zuhair never mentioned in their home.