Baby's Day Out

While Bucky played in the living room of her suite with Sam and Steve, Y/n went into the bedroom to pack some essentials. The last thing she wanted to have happen was to forget something important and end up with an upset baby. She pulled out a backpack from the closet and put it on the bed while she gathered everything she could think of. She started with his pull-ups, throwing a few into the bottom of the bag with some baby wipes just in case. He seemed big enough to be using the bathroom but she wasn't willing to take the risk of leaving her baby in a wet pull-up. Next she grabbed a change of clothes for him, a Mickey Mouse long sleeve and black sweatpants, and put them into the bag. She saw his Captain America teether and threw it into the front pocket, along with his toy bee. The bee rattled when she picked it up and that reminded her to grab his noise canceling headphones. If he got over-stimulated or needed a nap it would make life much easier. She also packed a warm sweatshirt for each of them, and zipped up the bag.

She showered, got dressed in comfortable clothes, and came back out into the living room when she heard Bucky calling for her. "What's wrong, baby?" She asked, picking him up when he reached for her.

"Jus' missed Mama," he said quietly, "S'okay?"

"Of course that's okay," she kissed his temple and put his paci in his mouth, "you can always ask for your mama." Bucky held on tighter, letting out a content little sigh.

"I think we're gonna go get ready, wanna meet us in the elevator in like 20 minutes?" Steve asked Y/n, ruffling Bucky's hair on the way out when she agreed.

Y/n took Bucky to the kitchen and had him choose a sippy cup to bring with him. He took a while deciding between his bumblebee sippy and his butterfly sippy, but the butterfly eventually won out. His mama packed it in the backpack and told him to go grab anything special he needed for the day. He went and picked out his blankie, Sprouts, and a couple chapter books. When they used to go on drives Steve would read novels to all of them and he was hoping he might be willing to read a couple chapters for Bucky today.

"Mama?" He called out as he wandered back to the living room, "Can't find my bubblebee."

"I already packed your bumblebee, sweetheart." She told him, laughing a little at his mispronunciation, "It's in the backpack."

"What if s'not?" He asked anxiously, "Wan' my bubblebee."

She unzipped the front pocket to show him the bee, securely stored away and he smiled, bringing his other items over to be packed. He helped his mama get everything to fit and then ran back to the bedroom. Bucky dragged the comforter off the bed, pulling it all the way to the living room. "Bucky, what are you doing with that?" Mama asked him. Clearly she wasn't thinking straight, this was a necessity!

"Smells like Mama," he explained, wrapping the blanket around himself. "I gotta nap later, wanna be cozy." Y/n's heart melted at the fact that her baby wanted something that smelled like her surrounding him while he slept and she agreed to fold it up and bring it in another bag. Bucky had pushed his pacifier into his mouth again and was happily sitting on the couch sucking on it while his mama got the comforter packed.

"Bucks, go potty before we leave, okay?" His mama reminded him, "I don't want you to be sad because you had an accident."

"Okay, Mama," he nodded his head and ran to the bathroom. He took out his pacifier and set it down on the edge of the sink while he used the potty and then washed his hands. Unfortunately, he left the pacifier there, something that went unnoticed in the excitement to get to the elevator.

They met up with Steve and Sam at the elevator and Y/n was pleased to see that they'd brought their own blankets, most likely Sam's idea. Y/n helped Bucky into a hoodie so that no one would see the shoulder flaps of his onesie if they ran into anyone on the way to the car. It was a low chance that they would've noticed anyway, but she wasn't going to take the risk. It was decided that Sam and Steve would take turns driving, so that Y/n could stay in the backseat with her baby. All four of them piled into the car and Y/n made sure to buckle Bucky's seatbelt for him after helping him out of his hoodie.