A Guide To Grocery Shopping While You're Little

"Alright, does anyone need to use the bathroom before we leave? I'm not pulling over before the grocery store because you idiots forgot to go."

"You're so sweet to us, Sammy." Steve rolled his eyes, pressing a kiss to his partner's cheek while he threw another bag in the trunk.

"Y/n/n, where'd you put the snack bag?" Bucky called out, stowing his backpack on the floor of the backseat.

"Didn't we have breakfast like 20 minutes ago?" She called back, stowing his "little bag" underneath the backseat. She had it packed and easily accessible in case he slipped before they got to the cabin. "It's in the center console up front. Steve's in charge of it."

"I like to know where the food is," Bucky defended himself. He walked over to where Steve was rearranging the huge amount of luggage in the back of the van and took over the task. He'd always had incredible spatial awareness, and before long everything was packed in the car. All four of them piled in, Steve driving, Sam up front so that he wouldn't get carsick (ironic for someone who flies through the air regularly), with Y/n and Bucky in the backseat.

The car was much larger on the inside than it looked, (a technique that had been perfected by Tony and Loki working together and was used on plenty of the cars that resided in the garage of Stark Tower) and so there was plenty of room for all of their luggage and Y/n and Bucky had plenty of space in the back. All of the windows were one way tinted, including the windshield, so that they could all see outside like normal but no one could possibly see inside. To sum it up, the car was perfect for their trip and they could barely believe their luck.

The first few hours of the trip went smoothly, but they already knew that it would. The drive to Disneyland would be a hell of a lot more difficult, and a hell of a lot longer. Between rounds of two truths and a lie, (in which they discovered that Steve had once spent the night in a corn field, Sam had never eaten a breakfast burrito, Bucky had never technically gotten his driver's license in the 21st century even though he regularly drove cars and motorcycles, and Y/n once almost committed treason by accident when she was 15) and singing loudly to the playlist that they'd made, the time flew by. Before long they were pulling into the grocery store parking lot about an hour and a half away from the cabin.

"Alright, remember we can't go too overboard," Steve said as they all walked in together. "What am I saying? Let's go nuts!"

"I'm going to the s'more stuff!" Y/n called out, heading over to the baking aisle.

"I'll go look for chocolate!" Bucky called back, heading in the other direction. Sam and Steve followed after Y/n excitedly.

Bucky didn't have any luck with the chocolate, realizing as he browsed the aisles that it was probably on the baking aisle with Y/n. He headed back, cutting through the baby aisle, and stopped in his tracks when he saw something incredibly interesting.

The pacifier was dark blue and it had a bumblebee on the front. Bucky couldn't look away from it and before he knew what he was doing he'd grabbed it off the shelf. He knew for a fact that his mama had packed his bumblebee onesie in the bag she had stowed in the backseat. He could feel his headspace making his head all fuzzy and knew that he should get to Y/n before he slipped all of the way. He had a sudden image of his mama buying the pacifier for him and a little smile graced his face, it couldn't hurt to ask right?

As he wandered back to the part of the store that he knew Y/n was in, Bucky heard crying. There was a little boy screaming in the aisle he was passing through. He froze, watching as the boy's mother lifted him out of the cart and began soothing him. It made Bucky feel even smaller, being reminded of the way that his mama always comforted him. Once the child had stopped crying, Bucky kept walking, fiddling with the silver chain on his wrist, and as he passed by he heard the woman talking to her little boy.