Chapter 10

Yellow! Back at it again with another chapter. After a single night's sleep, I decided to not put the time skip in this chapter but possibly the next. Also this chapter will not pick up where the last chapter left off but rather will move forward to the next day. Don't really have much to say with this authors note so let's just get into this one.

PS: please stow your expectations for this one, I apologize if the chapter seems a little slow.

------------------------

"MORNING IS HERE!!! MORNING IS HERE!!! MORNING IS...*CLICK*"

"Ugh...I hope the guy who invented alarm clocks died a slow painful death..." the young man grumbled to himself as he was roused from his sleep. "Same for the guy who invented school..."

After a couple more unwarranted complaints, Y/N finally managed to free himself from the sweet embrace of his bed and made his way to the washroom to wash up and get ready for the day. He stared at himself in the mirror, taking a moment to process everything that happened the day before. He managed to get his excellent work out with his workout partner, Yotsuba and then hung out with Itsuki while helping her study.

She was then supposed to sleep over at his place last night but unfortunately, something had "come up" and there was a "change of plans" and he was basically kicked out of the apartment without actually being kicked out of the apartment. Whatever it was, he couldn't help but feel like it had something to do with him.

'Well...I mean, if it has something to do with me, then that means I have a right to know what exactly I did wrong, right? If I made a mistake or something, the least I could do is try to make things right..." he thought as he brushed his teeth. 'Guess I'll just have to try talking to them after school...plus I guarantee they wouldn't respond to a text if I tried texting them...'

After he finally finished washing up, he made sure he had all the stuff he was going to need for the day and made himself a quick breakfast. He exited his apartment, making sure to lock the door behind him and got on his bike, departing for school.

'I'm not even going to attempt to hope that today is going to be good. It's Monday, which already means it's going to be shit by default...Lord help me...' he thought as he headed to school, not in any kind of a hurry whatsoever to get there.

As he approached a stop light, he looked over to his right and noticed a familiar figure walking. He would have been able to tell who she was just based on the way she walked but the headphones were probably the biggest giveaway. He pulled over to the side of the road right near here. "Excuse ma'am, you're too pretty to be walking to school alone."

He could see the girl side eye him and do her best to ignore him. 'Rude...' he thought. 'What gives, Muki?'

Miku kept walking as if nothing had happened. Y/N slowly kept pace. "Umm....I can give you a ride to school if you want, Muki...". She continued to ignore him

'Why the hell did I get her noise canceling headphones?' He thought with a sweatdrop. He continue keeping pace with her.

At that point, a terrified expression appeared on her face, she took off her headphones, reached in her bag, and pulled out a small pepper spray and aimed it at him with a trembling hand. "B-BACK OFF, YOU CREEP!!! I'LL CALL THE P-POLICE, I MEAN IT!!!!"

Y/N was so surprised by her sudden hostility that he almost fell off his bike. He quickly raised his hands to signal his harmlessness. "M-M-Muki!! W-what are you doing...??"

Upon (actually) hearing "Muki", Miku's expression immediately softened and she lowered her hand containing the pepper spray. "Wait...Y/N?? Is that you???"