Chapter 25

We're back with another chapter. And by 'we' I mean 'me'. Me back with another chapter. The camping trip continues so let's get right into it!

Sorry if there was a bit of a delay. A lot happened IRL since my last chapter. It'll be explained at the author's note at the end of the chapter. Anyway, enjoy.

Also, last FYI: a lot of this chapter will be told from Itsuki's POV.

------------------------------

In the Student Lounge

Still Day One

It was now evening on the first day of the camping trip, and Y/N and Fuutarou now sat on a sofa in the student lounge, both of them fixated heavily on a chess board that was sitting on a coffee table in front of them. All pieces had been set to their starting positions, indicating a fresh game.

After the cafeteria, Maeda had gone off to parts unknown and Y/N had met up with Fuutarou in the lounge. The two boys then proceeded to text the quintuplets to meet up with them in said lounge, and then Fuutarou set up a chess board to pass the time until the quints showed up.

After what seemed like an eternity of staring at the chess board, the overly analytical Fuutarou, being the white side, finally made the first move. After doing so, he turned to his friend, with a serious look on his face. "It's your move." He said.

Y/N, who suddenly seemed to be snapped out of some kind of trance he was in, looked around while blinking a few times, and then gave his friend a confused look. "Wha...? Oh...were we playing this??" He asked.

Fuutarou facepalmed as he let out a loud groan. "I assumed we were! And if we weren't, then why were you staring so damn hard at it??"

Y/N scratched his cheeks sheepishly. "I don't know..." He mumbled. "I zoned out. I thought you brought it out because you  were really into chess, was all... "

Fuutarou facepalmed yet again as he rubbed his temples. "Oy vey..." He groaned. "Just play, damn it." Fuutarou griped. "We haven't played in forever and I think it's high time that I repay you for all those years of you kicking my ass." He said as he narrowed his eyes at his best friend.

Y/N let out a loud, exaggerated, and obviously fake yawn as he kicked his feet up on the coffee table next to the board. "Mmm...I mean, since you're so eager, I guess I can spare a few minutes to kick your ass yet again, just like old times." He said with a grin. "Hmm...what's our head to head record again?"

Fuutarou gritted his teeth as he looked away in frustration. He then proceeded to mumble something incoherent under his breath as Y/N leaned in with his hand cupped on his ear. "Mmm...Whatcha saaaaaay?" Y/N asked. "Would you mind repeating that? I wasn't able to hear you clearly enough..." He said as his grin intensified.

Fuutarou scowled at his friend as he finally looked at him with a glare, his teeth still gritted. "Ugh! It's 49 to 1! You happy now?!" He griped as Y/N gave a triumphant smile.

"Very." Y/N said. "Although, I still consider it 50 to 0 on account of the fact that that one win you got was because you cheated." He said.

Fuutarou shot to his feet, his finger in Y/N's face due to his best friend's accusation. "That's complete bullshit and you know it! It's not my fault that Raiha really wanted to spend time with you that day!" He exclaimed with a large tick on his head.