5. Cry for help

Iiris' PoV

Rauli pushed me into his car, slammed the door shut and walked on the driver's side. He hadn't said a word since he pulled me out from the bar but from his face I could see that he was angry. Once he had sat in his seat, the first thing he did was that he slapped me on the back of my head which caused me to lean forward a little, and place my right hand on the spot he hit.

"Who the fuck was that?!"

"He was my brother's friend... " I lied quietly. I had to lie. If I had said who he really was and why I was even talking with him, he would hit me again, even harder.

"Why the hell are you talking with your brother's friend? Haven't I made myself clear enough that the only person you are allowed to spend time with is my sister!?" Rauli was really mad and I was holding back my tears. I didn't even do anything with Aleksi. I just wanted to know a little more about the Netherlands and the things that my brother is studying. Of course I knew that talking with some guy would cause problems but I never thought Rauli would come to search me if I hadn't come home on time. This was the first time he did so and it scared the hell out of me. If he started to do this then I would lose the last drop of my freedom that I had left.

"Your sister is not in the city right now and I really was just asking about the school my brother is in right now! I'm sorry, ok! I did not think that it would cause this much trouble for you..." I wanted to yell and tell him how much I hated him for doing this, especially at my work in front of all my coworkers. His abusive side was something I so hard tried to hide from everyone but without even thinking, he rushed in and pulled me out with him.

"Make sure this won't happen again." Rauli slapped me again on the back of my head and a few lonely tears fell down. I dried my eyes quickly so Rauli wouldn't see that I was crying. He hated it and I did not want to cry. It was just a reaction to his doings which I so badly tried to hold back.

"It won't.." I whispered and turned my head to my right so I could watch out from the window, mainly so I could avoid Rauli's eyes on me.

The ride home did not last long and as soon as we got into our apartment, Rauli commanded me to cook something although I was tired. He did not care and I had no chance to fight back. While trying to hide my anger, sadness and fear, I opened the fridge, sighed once I realized that we had not much ingredients to even prepare a proper meal, and grabbed the eggs, ham, cheese and tomatoes.

"Would an omelet be ok? We don't have anything else..." I asked carefully and looked as Rauli rolled his eyes.

"You were supposed to go to the shop."

"I didn't have time... I had to run from the youth center to the bar and I almost ran late.. I would.. Appreciate if you could... go to the shop tomorrow..." I was walking on thin ice with that sentence and cold sweat started to run down my back. I was not sure if I would trigger something with that but a little help from his side is welcomed. I do everything alone, even if I was tired or sick. I went to shop even though I had no money in my account.. And he was living on my expenses although he had his own income from some jobs he managed to get.

Rauli did not say anything in return and I stood clueless in the kitchen, staring down the ingredients.

"Rauli...?" I called his name again, hoping to get at least some sort of an answer that would tell me if I start cooking or not.

"Just cook the goddamn food!"

Not an answer that I was waiting to hear, but that was expected. Again, a lonely tear slowly started to run down my cheek and I turned around. I took out a cutting board, a knife and a bowl, and started to cut the ham, cheese and tomatoes. After that, I added three eggs and some seasoning, mixed them all together and turned on the stove. I placed the pan on the hot stove, poured some oil into it and let it heat up. When it was warm enough, I poured the egg mix on the pan and let it cook. Meanwhile I decided to wash the cutting board and the bowl because I had to do it anyway. My back was still towards Rauli and I had not noticed that he had stood up and walked behind me. I did not know that until he placed his hands on my waist, and pressed his body against mine.