7. Pirate face

Robyn's PoV

You could think that having experienced morning sickness and everything else that comes with the pregnancy, you'd get used to it. Well. The truth is that you don't. And with baby number two, things were even worse. But when it started again, I was over the Moon. I was so happy to find out that we were having another baby and the moment I got the positive test on my hands and saw the two stripes on it, I could not believe my eyes. Joel was at work that day but as soon as he came home, I shared the news. And the smile that climbed on his face... I'd do anything to see that smile. Even if it meant staring down the toilet every freaking morning, throwing up everything I had inside. If that was the price, I'd pay it.

"You good there?" Joel asked behind the bathroom door. I flushed the toilet, washed my face with cold water, brushed my teeth and opened the door just to see Joel standing there, looking a little worried. That man could be so caring that it would be a surprise for the others to see that side of him. He had his tough image, he was the rock and roll guy who would do anything to fulfill his dreams. He spoke about some of his issues openly in the media but one thing we decided to keep as private as possible was our little World inside our home. We did not post a lot about our private life to social media but of course we got noticed wherever we went and because of that, we protected our little one as much as we could from all the cameras. She did not need to grow up under the focus of the World.

"Yeah, absolutely brilliant..." I sighed and leaned against the wall behind me. I felt like I had just run a marathon. Joel handed me a glass of cold water and then guided me to the kitchen, where he had already cooked some breakfast for us, eggs and bacon with some tomatoes on the side. He then made us some coffee and was just about to sit down when Sophia decided to wake up. This was our life now and I loved it. This was something so amazing, something we never thought we would have but now it is definitely the best thing that we had even though we were not able to enjoy the breakfast anymore like we used to.

"I go." I stood up and took a sip of the coffee before walking to Sophia's room. She was on her back and her right hand was squeezing the teddy bear that Joel had bought her the day she was born. It has been her favorite toy since that and we could not go anywhere without it. It was the end of the World if we forgot to take it and we had learnt from our mistakes.

"Hi there... " I lifted her up and kissed her little forehead. I had no idea what she was trying to tell me, but she looked happy and her blue eyes were smiling as well. I placed her down on the changing table to change the diapers and dress her up. When we were done, I took her into my lap and we went back to the kitchen where Joel was already preparing the porridge for Sophia. We were a great team with Joel. We somehow have created a routine to make things go smoothly during the mornings and evenings and that helped a lot. Of course there could come some obstacles every now and then but we managed and overall, Sophia was a rather peaceful baby and that made it very easy for us.

"Thanks, babe. " I smiled and placed Sophia on her chair. Joel gave me the spoon and I started to feed the girl while occasionally trying to eat my own breakfast too.

"You're going out with the girls tonight, right?" Joel asked and sipped his coffee. I turned my eyes to him and nodded. That freaking pirate face again... I could stare at it all day, all night, and ignore absolutely everything that was going on around me. I loved to see him shaved and so on, but there was something in that few day old beard that made him look so manly.

"Babe..?"

"Huh?"

"The porridge is dripping on your socks..." Joel laughed and I felt my cheeks getting red.

"Fu...dge..." I looked down on my socks and then Sophia, who was looking at me like I was some weirdo, holding her porridge and feeding the socks instead. Although she did not really understand yet what was going on, I felt so stupid and all I could do, was just to laugh it off.