12. Fortune, bad luck or what

Aleksi's PoV

As much as I wanted to just stay home after the brunch and focus on more important things than the ones that I cannot do anything about, I still followed the guys to the Tommi's van like a well behaving kid. We were going to have a photoshoot in Tallinn, tomorrow on Sunday, but we all had decided to go there a day earlier so we could enjoy the city and just spend some time together. The girls were also coming but because we did not fit into one car, Robyn decided that she would take the girls with her car. I threw my bag into the trunk of Tommi's car and went to sit in the backseat without saying a word to anyone. I got my airpods on and I was ready to ignore whatever was happening around me, mostly so I could avoid the topic that we had around the brunch table earlier.

And I stayed pretty quiet until we got into the ferry. Joel went to get us all some drinks. Well, to all expect Tommi and Robyn because they were driving and she was expecting, and Miryam, who just did not drink. For them Joel got some non-alcoholic drinks, and they seemed to be happy with the choice. Robyn was as chatty as always and Tommi kept minding his own business and every now and then he threw in some of his wisdoms. Of course, some of his sayings made me laugh as well and at some point I started to relax a little. I figured that I should really keep my mind straight and worry only about the things that I can change. Iiris was far from that. She was in a relationship and I could not just jump into her life like that. And what I understood from the girls, she seemed to be happy with that man. So whatever I happened to see that night was probably some big misunderstanding and I should not let that too deep into my head. So far she hadn't texted me for a once, not even saying if everything was fine and I should not worry about her, but it was her choice. She was in charge of her own life and decided who she wanted to let in and who not. If she decided to push me away then so be it.

"Aleksi?" Joel suddenly poked me on my shoulder. I looked at him confused. If he was talking to me then I did not even hear what he had said.

"Sorry, what?"

"All good?" Joel asked and took another sip from his second beer. I was still on my first but I was known to be the slowest drinker of the band anyway. While Joel and Joonas could empty the beer bottle in the World record speed, then I had only finished maybe a third form it. I don't know how they managed to drink that fast.

"Yeah.. Yeah.. What time do we have the photoshoot tomorrow?" I tried to lead the topic into something else because I knew that they would keep on asking about my mood and if I was still thinking about that girl. I was doing my best not to think about her at all, yet I knew I was failing with it.

"Two, so we do have plenty of time tonight to chill around and have fun." Joel pointed out and then he looked at Robyn who was tapping her coffee mug.

"Who can have fun, and who cannot." She smirked, referring to her condition. Miryam smoothly looked around the bar area and avoided any eye contact which was very unlike her. Niko paid a quick look at her before asking if everything was fine. Miryam dodged the question with a small smile and nod, and Niko seemed to be pleased with the answer. I was not that sure about it though but it was none of my business either.

"I just get a little seasick sometimes.. Not really a fan of boats and stuff..." Miryam quickly added.

"Excuse me, missy but I think it was you who wanted to recreate that boat scene from the movie 365 Days, and now you say you are having seasickness?" Niko looked at her girlfriend even more confused than the rest of us. Not really our business what kind of kinks Miryam was hiding and it was definitely not the topic to discuss right now either.

"I said sometimes, Niko... Can we not do this now." Her face got just as red as her hair.

"I have some ginger tablets if you want." Yasmin saved the situation and reached for her purse from where she pulled out a package and handed it to Miryam. She thanked her friend, took one pill and handed it back to Yasmin. I still found it all a little weird but I decided to keep quiet.