8

| 8. Nezuko doesn't like God |
Skypeia Saga

The crew is being arrested for not paying the entrance fee. The other straw hats, it was too expensive. Sanji said he can buy thousand of rice sacks with that money. Nezuko could've offered to pay it if she carried her valuables.  The gatekeeper let them in without paying but the consequences go harder than they thought.

The journey to Skypeia is fun. Except that she almost fell from Merry when the knock-up stream sent their ship to the sky. Fortunately, Zoro and Sanji caught her beforehand. Everyone was traumatized when they saw Nezuko flying out of the ship.

There's this 'God' who Nezuko figured out is just a logia devil fruit user. The god strikes lightning at people who disobey his orders and claims the whole island as his. Nezuko hates these kinds of people the most.

She met a girl named Conis. She's really pretty and she has cute wings. Conis and her father are really nice. Nezuko likes them. The knight that saved them from the violent tribe dudes with huge bazookas is nice too. But she's afraid that they might get in trouble if the crew don't settle this problem soon.

"We're not paying! We don't have money!" Luffy said, ready to beat the hell out of the officers but Ussop grabbed him.

"Ssh. Shh. He didn't say anything. Ha-ha-ha." Ussop nervously said.

The officer only glared at them. "If you do anything stupid, you'll be fined as a 6th degree criminal."

"I had enough of your criminal blabbering, just shut up will you?" Zoro gripped his katana. Nezuko immediately stopped him.

"Let's wait for Nami-san to settle this, Zoro-san."

Everyone heard the sound of a waver and a woman's loud voice. "It's Nami-swaaan!" Sanji shouted when he saw the orange-haired lady riding the vehicle skillfully.

"Oi Nami! Hurry up and pay 8 billion extol so that we can get out of here!" Ussop shouted.

Their eyes almost popped out when Nami went on the full speed of her waver, hitting the captain officer. The poor guy went flying and hit a wall.

"That's too expensive!" Nami exclaimed with pointy teeth. She then realized that what she has done is stupid. "Oh no, I'm so clumsy! It was an accident!"

"No, it's not." Ussop and Zoro deadpanned.

"H-how dare you do that to our captain! You will be fined for 5th degree of crime! You shall face the wrath of the great God Enel!" One of the officers shouted.

"The man you're talking about is not a god. The fifth degree means death right? Then I refuse to die in the hands of a fake bastard like him." Nezuko said firmly.

A true god does not hurt people. She concealed her presence from the Enel when she figured out he controls all the people that step into this place. Enel can't reach her.

"D-death?" Ussop and Nami looked at Nezuko.

"Yes! You're all in trouble! Please get out of here! The god is beyond your power! Nezuko-chan, please." Conis shouted, almost crying.

"You don't have anywhere to run, filthy pirates!" The captain of the officers said while crawling toward them.

Conis helped the captain to get up. She and her father took the wounded officer to her house. She still can't help but be nervous. She can only hope they escaped now.

"You heard Conis, let's get out of here!" Nami shouted. All ran to Merry except for Luffy and Nezuko.

"Luffy! Nezuko-chan! What are you two doing?" Nami frustratingly ran back in their direction.

"Why do we have to escape?" Luffy asked Nami.

"Because we're in trouble, you dimwit! Nezuko-chan, you'll be safer on the ship. Let's go, shitty captain!"

"No way. We're always in trouble anyway." Luffy quarreled with Nami.

"You always decide reckless things! Conis and her father would be punished too! You know what, whatever! Do your thing yourself! Nezuko, let's go." Nami tried to grab the demoness, but the girl didn't budge a bit.

"Nezuko-chan?"

"Nami-san. If we leave, then Conis and her father won't be punished?" Nezuko asked, her impression is dark.

"I—I don't know." The orange-haired girl stopped.

"Even if we leave, Conis would be still punished. This place is being controlled and it doesn't have freedom. They worshipped the wrong guy." There's a hint of coldness in Nezuko's voice.

"Haaah? Does that mean the god is a bad guy? Let's beat his ass!" Luffy shouted.

"Sorry, Nami-san. I can't leave without making sure Conis and her father are free. They're nice to me. I should return their gratitude." The demoness said in full determination.

"You heard Nezuko, Nami! Let's beat God's ass! Captain's orders!"

Nami sighed. "Does that mean that if anyone is nice to you, you'll risk your life for them? Nezuko-chan?" The woman completely ignored her captain.

Nezuko just smiled in response. "Let's go, Nami-san. The captain's order is absolute."