49

| 49. flashes | 

A/N: so im back to daily updates again

Nezuko tilted her head, confused about their reactions. Lindbergh and Betty were slack-jawed. She couldn't read Sabo and Hack. Koala looks quizzical too.

"You're Nezuko?" Koala spoke, crossing her arms.

The child who captured her heart earlier was the very person who was shown to be the most dangerous threat to the world.

The child who helped Fisher Tiger free the slaves. Koala was one of the slaves. She was part of the Sun Pirates for a while. Fisher Tiger looked for Nezuko but failed to do so.

Nezuko slowly nodded. She then pressed her lips tight, thinking that she did something wrong. Their stares are intimidating her.

"The destroyer?" Hack stepped in.

"Y-yeah?"

Nezuko looked away, sweat started to form on her forehead.

Did I offend them?

Nezuko felt bad. What did she do?

Sabo couldn't say anything to the girl. She's the one responsible for the destruction of Marie Jois and the defeat of Kizaru.

The news of Kizaru getting defeated was spread all over the world. But the government limited the information. Such as giving the picture of the person who almost killed an admiral.

The government wants to announce the identity of the destroyer the same day they will announce the real identity of Portgas D. Ace.

This would shock the world if the marines win and the name of justice will be theirs.

The child Sabo held earlier is a grown teenager now.

She radiates a sunny vibe and doesn't emit bad intentions.

But considering what she did that made her the highest degree criminal in the world, it means that she's dangerous.

The Marie Jois destroyer before them.

The one who made Dragon decide to build the revolutionary army is here before them.

Why is she here?

"So Kuma sent you. Do you perhaps know the reason?" Hack.

"I said I wanted to meet Dragon, so he sent me here. Do you know where he is?"

"Why do you want to meet him?" Sabo's voice is slightly harsher than before. Koala gave him a death stare when she noticed Nezuko became uncomfortable.

"I prefer to talk about it when he's here. I want to speak to him about something." Nezuko firmly said.

Sabo just took a deep breath. "Dragon isn't here at the moment. He'll be back tomorrow."

"Don't worry, Nezuko-chan! You can stay here for as long as you like!" Koala.

"Thank you, Koala-san."

Koala offered to show her the quarters. Sabo went with them cuz his curious ass wants to ask Nezuko questions. Betty wants to come along but she has work to do with Lindbergh.

"This is the training grounds. This is where Sabo used to challenge Kuma and Hack. He always lost, HAHA."

Sabo just pouted on Koala. "No, I didn't!"

Nezuko let out a giggle. Nezuko felt something weird about the blond man. The demoness sees Tanjiro in him although Sabo acts completely differently.

Does he have siblings?

"I can't believe you almost killed Kizaru! You're all over the news and rumors but the government didn't leak a single picture of you." Sabo.

"Yeah. Dragon-san went to fetch confidential information from Morgan the bird which is your photos, to be honest." Koala said.

"I see. Luffy's father is indeed powerful." Nezuko whispered but enough to be heard by the two.

Mugiwara no Luffy. Monkey D. Luffy.

Luffy.

That name hits different. Every time Sabo hears that name, his body reacts unknowingly.

He sometimes has flashes of three children who he never met. It started when Fire Fist Ace started making a name for himself. It got worst when straw hat Luffy appeared and caused trouble for the last few months.

He can consider child Inosuke who also appears in his flashes because he saw him a few times but it doesn't make sense at all.

Something is missing. What is it?

"Luffy? The pirate rookie? What do you mean his father?" Koala asked. They only know about Inosuke being Dragon's son.

"Luffy-san is Dragon's son. Well, that was what vice admiral Garp said."

"I didn't know Dragon-san has another kid." Koala.

"Nezuko-chan, what do you know about Luffy?" Sabo didn't know why he asked that question.

Nezuko's face brightened up.

"Well, he's my captain. He's really awesome! He eats a lot tho. Sanji-san kicks him if he steals food in the fridge. Sometimes he even accidentally inhaled our doctor, Chopper, too. Luffy-san is strong! His punches are like pistols!" Nezuko said in pure admiration.

The demoness truly idolized Luffy. She's a fan.

"Your captain sounds like a fun person." Koala laughed.

Pistol punches?

A short blurred scene just flashed before his eyes. A short kid with a visible scar underneath his eye stretched his arm to attack someone but ended up dumbly punching himself.

Sabo felt his head hurt. His head being cracked open is happening quite often these days.

"Sabo-kun? Is it happening again?" Koala immediately assisted the guy so that he won't fall.

"Are you okay, Sabo-san?" Nezuko worriedly said.

When Sabo recovered. He smiled brightly and shrugged it off. "Yeah, I'm fine! Nothing to worry about."

Nezuko wasn't fully convinced. "If you say so."

"What are your abilities, Nezuko-chan? I'm really curious. I heard you had similar abilities like Fire Fist Ace." Sabo.

"My blood is fire so I can make fire. I can grow and shrink. My nails are sharp as a blade. That's all."

"No way! You have dragon's claw too?" Sabo said in excitement.

"Dragon's claw?" Nezuko wasn't sure what Sabo is talking about.

"I really want to see what a destroyer's abilities can do, Nezuko-chan. It sounds so cool!" Koala.

"I want to see it too, only if this shortcake agree ofc." Sabo.

How can she refuse? They gave her bread when she was hungry.

"Alright!"