54

| 54. wait |
Marineford

Whitebeard, the pirate emperor who's titled the strongest man in the world that is capable of destroying the world made his first move.

Using his devil fruit, he produced a huge shockwave on the ocean bed, causing an extreme rise of water that eventually led to a tsunami.

"Ice age!"

Aokiji quickly jumped up to freeze the water. Everyone was mesmerized after witnessing the admiral handling the situation quickly.

"We have the strongest navy forces here with us! Whitebeard is nothing compared to us!" A marine soldier encouraged his colleague with a grin.

They might have lost one admiral, but they have the strongest soon-to-be admiral candidates with them too.

"AHAHAHAHA! This is the shit I'm looking for!" Inosuke's grip on his katana tightened.

He's in front of the warlords with the other vice admirals. He looked small compared to them.

He can't face Ace so he'll just pour everything through fighting. He never had siblings in his past life and now he has three of them. He already lost one and now he can't do anything to save the second one.

The last time he felt like this was when Douma admitted he ate his mother and when he killed Shinobu.

"BEAT THAT OLD FUCKFACE, AOKIJI!" Inosuke hyped the admiral up, flowers floating on his head.

The admiral's devil fruit powers reminded him of Douma but he's completely different from the sly demon. He's very strong too. Inosuke wants to beat him.

"Tch. Noisy." The pirate empress whispered to herself.

Inosuke's voice made Hancock cringe. The war barely even started but she wants to kill every man here and have a chat with Luffy.

Whitebeard attacked Aokiji with his Murakumogiri and called him a brat. The admiral fell into the sea but instead of drowning, he just froze the bay.

"Heh. This is going to be fun." Inosuke is filled with adrenaline. He's itching to beat someone's ass to escape what he's really feeling right now.

Now the ships can't move anymore because the sea is frozen. But the frozen bay is kind of convenient for the pirates and the marines so that they can fight each other better without the devil fruit users drowning.

"Fire the cannons!" And the marines started to attack as well.

All the commanders of the Whitebeard pirates jumped off the ship and landed on the ice perfectly. With their lead, all of the members of their grand fleet went with them too.

And thus, the great summit war of Marineford begins.

Cannonballs are flying everywhere. If you were here, you'd be terrified that you'll just wish to die. No corner is safe even if you sail away.

Pirates and marines of different sizes and capabilities aim to destroy each other. Whichever side wins will have the privilege to change and alter the story of the war however they like.

Nezuko is sitting on the tip of the tallest roof in Marineford while munching a piece of bread. She needs to store energy as much as possible. There will be people as powerful as Kizaru or maybe more.

"Whew." She whistles after eating her bread, putting both her hands on each of her sides while watching the chaos below her.

The marines and the warlords probably have their observation haki activated but they're too focused on the war to lift their heads to where she is.

And even if they notice, it won't be suspicious because she's on the marines' side of the place. No one will think that she's a pirate unless they see her face.

Though there's an exception. Nezuko knows that Mihawk already sensed her the moment she stepped inside the headquarters but the old man didn't make a fuss and attack her on the spot. He's totally not loyal to the marines. Heck, he's the one who took the destroyer under his wing.

She's glad Sengoku is too busy worrying about the war that he didn't even notice her presence. Also, she can hear Inosuke's yelling from there. Dude's voice really stands out from everyone.

Sabo is there somewhere too. The three of them, Nezuko, Sabo, and Koala already messed up the gate system. Koala left before the war started as per Dragon's order. Sabo is still disguised as a marine while Koala is in a ship full of revolutionaries not far from Marineford in case Sabo needs back up as soon as possible.

There are cameras on the battlefield too. Ah, how cruel people can be. They're obviously on the marines' side and watching the pirates die will be their celebration.

Whitebeard old man looks like a nice person. Well, he's going to risk everything just to get his son back. His crew is full of cool and powerful people too. That's why Ace likes them very much.

Nezuko looked at the baby den den mushi in her hand. It's a marine transponder snail. Sabo picked it up from the ground and handed it to her before he left.

Since it looked cute, she decided to keep it. Not like she's going to speak to the marines anyway.

The fight is about to get heated so she'll just watch the war with her paper bag full of baguettes.

She could just jump off the roof and go to the execution platform but she can't risk getting her energy drained fighting an admiral, a fleet admiral, the marine hero, and the warlords.

There are only two admirals present but all warlords are here.

She only knows limited information about the marine officers and other strong profiles since Mihawk didn't focus on social class but swordsmanship training.

She needs to see what are the enemies' abilities. So far she only knows Mihawk's and Smoker's. The rest is a mystery.

Eating her baguette, her eyes wandered all over the place. Despite being high up, she can still see every person there. Inosuke was the one to stand out despite being smaller than the giant vice admiral ofc. He's loud.

She's certain that Sabo is planning something. She can't intervene even if they have the same goal.

The demoness doesn't really know what to do next. Nezuko is sure Luffy would be here, but he did not arrive yet.

She'll make a move once she sees Luffy. They won't be executing Ace soon, that's what she noticed.