The Prince Of Demoria

The moment those two words escaped the queen's lips, Atsumu went rigid.

Suddenly, as if the world slowed down, Atsumu saw it.

It was an arrow, the tip dripping with what seemed to be gorgon venom, hurtling towards Koutarou's chest, right where his heart was.

Atsumu froze, Koutarou entrusted him with his life, but would he be able to save him when the time came?

"Atsumu, trust me, you are like family to me, I don't want to bring you into this anymore than you do..."

Atsumu took a sharp breath, family was something he'd lost many times before.

He'd lost his biological mother and brother at the beginning of the yokai eradication.

He'd lost his adoptive parents, Tetsurou's biological parents, in the war that followed the yokai eradication.

And now he was about to lose Bokuto Koutarou, the man who accepted him into his kingdom when he had nowhere else to go, the king of Isaron, and Bokuto Keiji's husband.

Something inside him snapped.

Not again. He couldn't lose anymore. Not this time, and never again.

He had to protect Koutarou, even if it revealed his identity to the queen of Demoria.

As long as he didn't lose another one.

Atsumu let out a low growl as his eyes glowed with a glittering golden light.

He willed his body to move, faster than the arrow racing to plunge into Koutarou's heart.

Barely a millisecond after the two words that would wage a war upon two rivaling kingdoms were spoken, Atsumu was in front of Koutarou.

As quick as the arrow flew, it stopped, trapped within Atsumu's claws.

Atsumu growled, baring his elongated canines as he unconsciously snapped the arrow and let it fall to the floor at their feet.

Atsumu lifted his head slightly, just enough so that the queen could see his eyes beneath the hood of his cloak.

Glowing golden eyes were just about visible beneath the hood, burning bright like the sun while they tore holes in the queen's arrogant demeanor.

Atsumu stepped forward, one of his claws wrapping around the hilt of one of his twin katanas, his eyes gleaming with hostility.

"This means war," he snapped, his eyes flaring with rage.

Just like that, the young kitsune grabbed Koutarou's hand and rushed him out of the castle and out of the kingdom.

Kiyoomi watched them leave from his sleeping chamber's balcony, a small smile settling on his face, "I've finally found you, Atsu..." He muttered into the wind.

A thirteen-year-old royal demon sat up in a tall tree deep in the forest within the kingdom of Demoria's walls.

The demon was tall and skinny with pale skin, black curly hair, dark green eyes, and he had two very distinct moles above his right eyebrow.

He had big black bat-like wings, a long black whip-like tail, and a pair of large black horns on his head.

He was lying with his back against a long, thick branch with his eyes closed, enjoying his peace and quiet of sneaking away from the castle.

The demon was never allowed outside of the castle, therefore he had made a habit of sneaking out to relax quite often.

It was just as he was drifting off that he heard a loud thud from down below.