Troubled Demon

Motoya was sitting alone in his new room in the Kuroo residence.

His gaze was trained on the book that he'd found in the Isaron royal library.

The silvery moonlight seeped in through the gaps in the curtains, casting ominous shadows across the room.

Motoya was frozen in place, what he just read could not have been true, because if it was, Isaron, and the rest of the land, was doomed to fall under the might of Demoria.

Motoya's fearful gaze and shaking hands were enough for Atsumu to worry when he entered the room.

"Mori-kun, are ya okay?" Atsumu asked, moving closer to Motoya.

Motoya was snapped out of his thoughts by Atsumu's sudden appearance next to him.

"Mori-kun?" Atsumu asked again.

Motoya sighed, "Yeah... I'm fine..." He answered.

Atsumu sat down next to him, "Are ya sure? Ya seem a bit stressed," he pointed out.

Motoya huffed a short, half-hearted laugh and nodded, he couldn't hide much from Atsumu, if there's anything that he'd learnt about Atsumu in the week that he's lived in Isaron, it was that the kitsune was highly observant.

"Ya wanna talk 'bout it?" Atsumu asked.

Motoya smiled weakly, he could tell why Kiyoomi was in love with Atsumu, the kitsune was an absolute angel despite being a yokai.

Motoya took a deep breath before he nodded.

"So what you're saying is that Demoria kept some of their yokai population?" Koutarou asked while he paced the floor of his study.

Motoya nodded, though he had a grim expression on his face, "I must say though, your highness, those aren't any ordinary yokai," he replied.

Koutarou furrowed his brows and turned to face Motoya, "What do you mean?"

Motoya took a deep breath, "They are only two of them that I know of, and I don't know much about them, but I know that they are not a force to be meddled with..." He explained, "Firstly, they're of a species known as oni."

Koutarou's eyes widened, "As in... The malicious and monstrous oni who seek destruction?" He asked.

Motoya nodded grimly, "I believe that Queen Sakusa plans to use them in aid of Demoria in the battle against Isaron," he said.

Koutarou clenched his jaw, "What do you mean by 'believe'?"

Motoya exhaled slowly, "I'm not well versed in the subject, but I do have a theory that Queen Sakusa has been planning this for many years," he began.

Koutarou stayed silent and urged him to continue.

"My suspicions began to arise when her majesty had my parents executed for trying to reason that the yokai race were not to be eradicated, because it was not ethic, nor civil..." Motoya continued, "I'm not well-versed on the subject of yokai abilities, but from the information I have gained from conversing with Michinari, I have found out that each species of yokai have different abilities, and after witnessing and training with both Atsumu and Michinari, it seems to me that the yokai race are quite powerful," he explained, "It was then brought to my attention that maybe there was a second reason for the yokai eradication..."

Koutarou stayed silent while Motoya pieced his thoughts together.

"I am not sure what abilities the oni possess, but from how heavily guarded they are and the fact that only specific personnel are allowed to know of their existence, it has led me to believe that they are extremely powerful," Motoya admitted, "It made me think that maybe, they could only be killed by the combined power of other yokai-"

"And thus, by eradicating the yokai, who were most likely to turn on Demoria because of their unequal treatment, Sakusa eliminated all chance of the oni being killed..." Koutarou finished.

Motoya nodded, "With the rest of the yokai gone, Demoria would become an unstoppable and unparalleled kingdom of power..." He said, "Which would pave the way for Queen Sakusa to take over the rest of the land and overthrow the other kingdoms," he finished with a grim expression on his face.

Koutarou looked distressed but calm, "Then this war is worse than we originally thought..." He muttered, "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Motoya," he said.

Motoya nodded, "It is no problem at all, your highness, after all, I would really like Isaron to win this war," he replied.

Koutarou sighed, "I have one request, please find out as much as you can about the oni," he said, "I believe that it will help us greatly in this war."

"Of course, your highness," Motoya replied, "I will be taking my leave now," he said before he left the study.

Motoya looked up to meet Atsumu's frightened gaze, "O-oni??" He asked.

Motoya nodded, "They're kept in large chambers under the Demorian castle, and I was doing some research to find out what their abilities are..." He explained, showing Atsumu the book.

Atsumu's eyes widened, "That's not true," he said, pointing to the passage of oni abilities.

"What??" Motoya asked, rechecking the chapter name to see if it was correct, "But this is the oni chapter," he said quickly.

Atsumu nodded, "It is, but that paragraph is not entirely true..." He said, "As children, all yokai are taught 'bout the abilities of the other species in case of the malevolent yokai decidin' to fued with the benevolent yokai..."

"So you know the oni abilities?" Motoya asked.

Atsumu nodded but he had a pained expression on his face, "I do, but Mori... There's nothin' we can do to combat them," he said sadly.

Motoya blinked, "What do you mean??" He asked, slightly panicked.

Atsumu's gaze drifted downwards, "That passage says they have the ability of decay, which is true, if their blood comes in to contact with yer skin, it will spread across yer body an' start to decompose yer flesh..."

"But...?" Motoya asked carefully.

Atsumu gulped, "That's only one of their powers," he answered.

Motoya let out a shaky breath, "What...?"

Atsumu in haled sharply, "They have three other abilities as well," he began and Motoya's eyes widened, "Their power of decay also comes with the added ability of blood manipulation... An' the first of the other three is clairvoyance, the ability to see everythin' in their surroundin' area in their mind, an' the range increases if they open their third eye..." Atsumu paused to let that sink in before he continued, "The second ability is super strength... The oni are stronger then every other type of yokai," he said, and Motoya gulped, "An' the third power is the most formidable, it's called telepathy... The oni are able to read the thoughts of their prey, in other words, they'll be able to predict our attacks," he finished.

An uncomfortable silence settled between while Motoya absorbed the information that was just given to him.

This was worse than he could have ever imagined.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

🐍🍎🐨☂️🍎🚕🐍☂️      🍦🐍
⚡🍦🐠🐘        🐪🚁🍎🌌🍵🐘    🌜💛
🌜🍦🌌🐉    🍦   🐉🍎🤖🐘     💛🍊☂️

Lol I got bored, but can you decipher the code??😂

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -