A Thankful Yokai

Michinari woke up with a splitting headache, but he recognized the room he was in, he was in Isaron's infirmary.

He had a vague memory of what happened in the dungeons below the castle of Demoria, but the one thing he remembered clearly was a brunette demon with steel-like greyish-blue eyes.

Michinari remembered the demon unchaining him before he gently picked him up and promised him that he'd bring him back to Isaron.

Michinari blushed at the thought, the stranger had clearly kept his promise, and the inugami was wondering where he was so that he could thank him.

He leaned on the wall as he walked down the hallway, peeking in through the doors of each of the rooms.

The pain in his head was seeping away slowly, and he was grateful to have the healing abilities of a yokai.

Michinari made his way down the hallway and peeked through the last door.

He was met with the sight of a tall, pale-skinned, well-toned demon with large black bat-like wings and a long whip-like tail. His twisted black horns glinted and his chestnut bronze hair glowed in the late morning sunlight that shined through the window.

He was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking intently at Michinari's chained blades.

He looked up at Michinari and smiled, his steely grey-blue eyes glittering in the morning sun.

Michinari flushed under the demon's gaze, but he gathered his courage enough to wave shyly at him.

The demon smiled, "You're awake," he said.

Michinari nodded, slightly flustered, he didn't realize how handsome the demon was in his dazed state the night before.

"I believe your name is Akagi Michinari?" The demon asked.

Michinari nodded again, "And you are...?"

"Komori Motoya," the demon answered.

Michinari's eyes widened, "Komori? Like... General Komori of the Demorian armed forces??" He asked in disbelief.

The demon, Komori Motoya, chuckled, "Yes, that's me... Well, not anymore at least," he replied, "I'm fighting for Isaron now," he added.

Michinari raised his eyebrows and hummed, "I guess that explains why you broke Tsumu and I out of the dungeons..." He thought out loud.

Motoya rested the chained blades next to him on the bed and turned fully to face Michinari while leaning back on his hands, "Yeah, but yokai don't deserve to be treated like that, so it was the right thing to do," he replied.

Michinari's gaze drifted towards the floor and he hummed, "Thanks for that... Saving us, I mean," he said as he moved over and sat down next to Motoya.

Motoya smiled, "Of course..." He replied, "Besides, my cousin was definitely on to something when he said that yokai are pretty," he added with a grin.

Michinari's face turned a bright red and he quickly turned away from Motoya's gaze, "Thanks?" He said.

Motoya grinned at Michinari's reaction, "Just speaking the truth," he replied before he looked over at the chained sickle-like blades, "By the way, I was going to ask you a bit later, but you're here now, so, I wanted to know how you use your weapon, I've never seen anything like it before," he said.

Michinari chuckled, grateful for the change of topic, "Oh, I actually don't know what it's called... One of the castle blacksmiths, Aone Takanobu, made it for me, and as far as I know, it's the only one in existence," he admitted.

Motoya hummed and nodded, a curious expression on his face, "What do you suppose you'd call it if you were to give it a name?" He asked.

Michinari pondered the question for a second before answering, "I'm not sure, probably something like chain-blades," he shrugged.

Motoya chuckled, "Maybe you could teach me how to use it?" He suggested.

Michinari smiled, "Sure, as long as you teach me how to use a crossbow," he said before he gestured to the crossbow leaning against the desk in the corner, and on the desk were two familiar katanas in their sayas.

Motoya smirked, "Sounds good to me," he replied, "You know... I heard that you and Atsumu weakened our forces by just over a hundred," he said, "You must be quite the strong fighter, then?"

Michinari chuckled, "Tsumu and I are two of the kingdoms best soldiers after all..." He replied with a shy smile, "So I guess you could say that."

Motoya grinned widely and nodded his head, "Oh... So I'm currently talking to Isaron's finest?" He teased.

Michinari couldn't hold back his laughter, "I wouldn't say Isaron's finest, but one of the best, I can assure you that," he replied with a giggle.

Motoya smiled at the inugami boy in front of him, and all he could think was if all yokai were so beautiful.

"Can I ask you a question?" Motoya asked suddenly.

"Shoot," Michinari replied, giving Motoya the go ahead.

"Do yokai have like...special powers?" Motoya scratched his head, "Ah... I'm sorry if it sounds odd, but I just can't get the thought out of my head that maybe there was a second reason for the yokai eradication..." He explained.

Michinari hummed, "It's not odd at all, you could actually be on to something... But, to answer your question, yes, yokai do have powers but they vary for each species," Michinari explained.

Motoya furrowed his eyebrows, "What does that mean?"

Michinari clicked his tongue, "Well, we all have a basic arsenal of powers we can utilize depending on our species," he began, "Like, I'm an inugami, so I have increased speed, strength, and agility, as well as enhanced senses, with the added ability of possession," he explained, "But then you get Tsumu, who's a kitsune so his abilities are slightly different... I know that he hasn't reached full maturity yet, and that's why he only has eight tails, but I do know a few of his basic abilities, like he also has enhanced speed, strength and agility like me, but he has the added abilities of night vision and fox-fire, though I've never seen him use his fox-fire before," he finished before he blinked and looked embarrassed, "Ah, my apologies... I didn't mean to ramble..."

Motoya chuckled, "No need to apologize, I actually think I understand it quite well now, so thank you for that," he said with a smile.

Michinari smiled shyly, a red glow spreading across his cheeks, "You're welcome..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another questionnnn

What's your favorite type of music?
Mine is rock🔥

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -