Best Friends In Love

Atsumu was out in the back garden of the Kuroo residence, it was an hour before the sun rose and he was completely alone.

The silence of the morning was accompanied by the soft hum of birds and insects in the dark of the night.

Atsumu's eyes burned through the night, their golden glow peircing through the darkness like lightning bolts on a stormy day.

"C'mon, Tsumu, focus," he whispered to himself as he closed his eyes in concentration.

His tails swayed slowly at first, before they began to speed up, creating sparks of golden light that dispersed across Atsumu's body like static electricity.

Atsumu's tails began to glow, and he forced his eyes open, the golden electricity sparking around them as they glowed even brighter.

"Jus' a bit more," Atsumu muttered.

Atsumu let his jaw drop while he exhaled slowly, a burning gold light escaping from his mouth before his eyes flickered and the light dispersed.

Atsumu fell to his knees, breathing heavily while tears gathered at the corners of his eyes.

He punched the ground out of rage, a choked sob escaping his lips.

"What good am I gonna be in the war if I can't even get my foxfire under control??" He muttered angrily while he watched his tears drip onto the grass.

That's when he felt something wrap around his waist and lift him up from the ground.

Atsumu looked up, recognizing the large black wings and horns of Kiyoomi.

Atsumu looked down as the object around his waist unwrapped, and he realized that it was Kiyoomi's tail that picked him up from the ground.

Atsumu looked away as Kiyoomi moved towards him and gently wrapped his arms around Atsumu's waist.

"What are you doing up so early?" Kiyoomi asked softly.

Atsumu leaned into Kiyoomi's warmth, "I was tryna control my foxfire..." He explained quietly.

Kiyoomi sighed, "You're not fully matured yet, Atsu, you know that," he said.

Atsumu leaned his forehead against Kiyoomi's chest and gripped his shirt, "Ya know what we're goin' up against in the war, Omi... I hafta at least try..."

Kiyoomi sighed before he intertwined his fingers with Atsumu's and led him to the big oak tree, where he pulled Atsumu down to sit with him.

Atsumu plopped down onto the grass next to Kiyoomi, who wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him close.

Atsumu leaned his head on Kiyoomi's chest and exhaled slowly, "Omi... Are we too young for this?" He asked softly.

Kiyoomi was quiet for a minute, trying to find a way to answer, "Of course we are... But we can't do anything but fight, Atsu..." He whispered.

Atsumu pursed his lips, "Omi... What if... What if Kagi an' I can't defeat the oni?" He asked quietly.

Kiyoomi inhaled sharply before he found a way to answer, "You're strong, Atsu, even without your foxfire..." Kiyoomi said, finally breaking the silence, "You're one of Isaron's best fighters after all, you should be proud of that..."

Atsumu wiped his tears with the back of his wrist and buried his face in Kiyoomi's chest, "But... The oni..." He whispered.

Kiyoomi sighed, "You'll be fine, Atsu, you and Akagi will destroy them, I'm sure of it..." He replied, "I know you, you won't give up until those oni are dead, even if you're on the verge of death you'll still fight, because you want to protect everything you love, and you want to see everyone smile and be happy... It's one of the many reasons that I..." Kiyoomi paused, taking a deep breath before he finished what he wanted to say, "It's one of the many reasons that I fell in love with you."

Kiyoomi clenched his jaw as he felt Atsumu tense and go silent, "I just wanted to tell you that before this war starts, and in case we get separated somehow..."

Kiyoomi didn't look down, the fear of meeting his best friend's eyes and seeing a disgusted expression on his face was too overpowering.

However, Kiyoomi wasn't expecting when Atsumu's soft warm hands took hold of his jaw and pulled him down into a gentle, tender kiss.

Kiyoomi's eyes widened before he realized what was happening and returned the kiss.

Atsumu's arms snaked around the back of Kiyoomi's neck, his fingers entangling in the demon's hair.

Kiyoomi's hands gently took hold of Atsumu's waist and pulled him onto his lap before his fingers flitted across the soft skin beneath his shirt, causing the kitsune to shiver lightly as he broke the kiss, "I'm in love with ya too, Omi..." He said after catching his breath.

Kiyoomi's eyes scanned Atsumu's face, leaving him breathless.

Atsumu's platinum-blonde hair seemed to glow in the feint light of the moon, his flushed, reddened cheeks framing the soft, loving expression in his honey-brown eyes perfectly.

Kiyoomi stared at him in awe, "Have I ever told you that you're beautiful?" He asked.

Atsumu blushed and smiled, "Yes, many times..." He answered.

Kiyoomi blinked, "Oh..." He said, causing Atsumu to giggle, "Well, I meant it every single time," he added.

Atsumu pouted and buried his face in Kiyoomi's chest, "For the prince of Demoria yes such an idiot," he whined.

Kiyoomi grinned, wrapping his arms tightly around Atsumu's waist, "Yet you still love me," he teased.

Atsumu groaned in frustration and punched Kiyoomi playfully, "I should never have kissed ya, now yer never gonna let me live it down," he complained.

Kiyoomi grinned, "Oh, you bet I won't," he promised before his smile dropped, "But seriously, Atsu, those oni have nothing on you and Akagi," he said.

Atsumu sighed and turned his head to lean on Kiyoomi's chest again, "I dunno 'bout that, Omi..." He replied.

Kiyoomi kissed the top of his head and rubbed his back gently, "One thing is for sure though..." He started.

Atsumu looked up curiously, "An' what's that?" He asked.

Kiyoomi grinned while he looked into Atsumu's eyes, cupping his cheek with his free hand, "When this war is over, and Isaron wins, I'm taking the throne of Demoria and I'm making you my queen," he declared.

Atsumu stared at him with wide eyes and a bright red blush spreading across his cheeks.

"We'll bring peace to Isaron and Demoria, we'll unite the people of both kingdoms," Kiyoomi continued, "We'll make sure that nothing like the yokai eradication happens again."

Atsumu shifted so that he was looking down at Kiyoomi while the latter's hands gripped his hips gently to keep him stable.

"And that's a promise," Kiyoomi added with a soft smile that was mirrored by Atsumu.

"You'd better keep it, Omi," Atsumu warned.

"I don't plan on breaking it, Atsu," Kiyoomi said with a grin before he connected their lips once again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heheheheh- Ahem- I'm totally not planning something... 🤗

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -