The Time Is Now

Koutarou eyes were wide when he pulled back, a smirk spreading across his face.

Suddenly, something flew over their heads and landed on a soldier who was sneaking up behind them.

Koutarou helped Keiji to stand before looking over at their savior to see Kenma standing over the soldier, his steel-tipped claws dripping with blood.

"Come on, pack it up, love birds," he said before spinning and slicing his claws across the throat of a Demorian soldier charging towards him, "As much as I enjoy seeing you two getting along so well, we have a war to win, and I'd rather not see the king and queen be killed mid-makeout," he said with a deadpan expression.

Right as Kenma finished his statement, a battleaxe came flying over his head and crashed into the face of another soldier.

Lev quickly ran past Kenma to retrieve his axe from the soldier's skull.

They heard the thundering of hooves coming towards them and before they knew it, Tetsurou and Morisuke were standing with them, still atop Tetsurou's steed.

The flapping of wings was heard next as the two crow-like boys, Shoyo and Tobio, and the older royal demon, Motoya, landed next to them.

"Most of their army have been decimated," Tobio informed, "The other soldiers are picking off the last few hundreds," he added.

"Maybe the oni won't arrive after all?" Shoyo said hopefully.

"Don't get your hopes up, this war is far from over," Tetsurou answered grimly, earning nods of agreement from everyone.

Motoya looked around, "Hey... Where's Kiyo?" He asked.

Right as Motoya finished his question, they heard a loud roar from behind the back lines of the Demorian army.

They quickly turned their attention to the source of the noise, and their hearts stopped.

There, just before the treeline into the forest, were two of the most hideous creatures any of them had ever seen.

The creatures' bodies were humanoid but grotesque and warped. The first of the two creatures stood at roughly about eight feet tall and it's skin was a sickly bluish-grey colour. The second creature was roughly ten feet tall with its skin being a dark red, like the color of blood.

Both creatures had long, jagged claws, and wirey black hair that hung over their hideous faces.

They each had three horns protruding from their fore heads and short stubby fang-like tusks that stuck out over their bottom lips.

Their eyes were a beady yellow and red mix that seemed to glow behind their bulbous noses and horrid snarls.

This was it, the oni had arrived.

In front of the oni stood Kiyoomi with his broadsword stabbed through his mother's lifeless body lying at his feet.

Kiyoomi withdrew his sword from the corpse and took a step back, about to fly away, but he wasn't quick enough.

Kiyoomi choked as he was hit by a jet of the red oni's blood, knocking him back with such force that he flew across the battlefield and landed in the midst of the Isaronian attack unit and the royals.

Motoya crouched down to roll Kiyoomi over onto his back and his eyes widened at the state of his cousin.

The blood has melted through Kiyoomi's armor and left black splotches across his skin wherever the blood had touched it.

Suddenly, there was a flash of gold light and Motoya fell back onto the ground, having been pushed back by something.

Motoya looked up to see Atsumu kneel next to Kiyoomi and gently take him in his arms.

Then Michinari was at Motoya's side, helping him stand up while everyone's gazes were on Atsumu and Kiyoomi.

Kiyoomi was conscious, but just barely, the overwhelming pain of the oni blood eating into his flesh had incapacitated him.

Tears dripped from Atsumu's eyes, "No... Omi... O-Omi!! Ya promised me we'd make it outta this alive- Ya... Ya can't leave me, Omi!" Atsumu cried, his voice cracking.

They group watched in despair, Shoyo burying his face into Tobio's side to not watch.

"Omi... Please... Stay with me... Ya promised we'd bring peace to Demoria an' Isaron- Ya promised, Omi," Atsumu sobbed, "P-please... I-I can't live without ya..."

Atsumu froze, his eyes widening as he felt Kiyoomi's soft fingertips caress his cheek and wipe away his tears.

"It's okay, Atsu... You'll survive this..." He said with a weak smile, his voice strained, "I'm sorry I broke my promise," he blinked back his tears and carefully leaned upwards to place a soft kiss on Atsumu's forehead
"I love you, my queen..." He said before he slipped into unconsciousness, his body going limp and his breathing becoming dangerously weak and slow.

Atsumu stayed frozen, staring at his best friend and lover, the last person he had that connected him to his past.

One by one, the tears began to fall onto Kiyoomi's face, failing to awaken him, and Atsumu couldn't hold them back any longer.

An agonizing cry echoed over the sounds of fighting and swords clashing as the dam walls broke and Atsumu couldn't hold back his emotions anymore.

Kiyoomi had kept Atsumu going, kept him hoping that one day he could be happy, but there they were, Atsumu in complete and utter pain while Kiyoomi's life slowly slipped away in his arms.

Atsumu couldn't let him go, he wouldn't let him go.

He couldn't lose another one, not again, no more.

Atsumu had declared at the start of this war that never again would he lose someone he held dear, and especially not Kiyoomi.

Atsumu's breathing began to pick up speed and his eyes began to glow blindingly bright, gold electricity sparking around them while his tails lit up with golden fire.

Atsumu gritted his teeth, his canine teeth sharpening and his pupils dilating before they became thin and elongated, almost feral.

Soft red circles formed around the lower edge of his eyes near the outer corners, and thin curved red stripes just beneath the red circles, one of each for either side of his face.

However, most shocking of all, Atsumu sprouted another tail, his nineth tail, and all at once his tails and ears began to lighten in color until they were a golden-blonde color, tipped with white fur.

Atsumu felt more powerful than ever and he hugged Kiyoomi close to his chest, the flames engulfing them wholly.

It was roughly thirty seconds later when the flames died down, but continued to burn feintly while Atsumu pulled away and watched the black splotches on Kiyoomi's skin heal.

The Demorian prince sputtered and coughed as he awoke, his eyes widening as they settled on Atsumu, and his heart tripping over itself before he found his words, "Atsu...?" He asked, completely blown away by the kitsune's transformation because Atsumu had somehow become even more beautiful.

Atsumu placed a soft kiss on Kiyoomi's lips, "Rest, my love, I'll be back soon," he promised, barely audible but loud enough for Kiyoomi to hear, before he let go of Kiyoomi and stood up.

Atsumu offered a hand to Michinari, "Let's end this," he said.

Michinari, who was at first incredibly shocked at Atsumu's transformation, quickly became determined and nodded in agreement, taking Atsumu's hand, "Once and for all," he added.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oop- Y'all probs hating me rn lols

Anygays! Bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -