A Future Generation

"Kiyatsumi!! Get back here!" The girl shouted as she chased her brother through the castle.

The girl was ten, average height with a slim build and fair skin. She had long straight black hair that was a light platinum blonde at the tips. Her eyes were a cold green-grey mix like the color of a storm over a rainforest.

She had a pair of small round black ears on the top of her head, a long black weasel-like tail growing out from her lower back, and long razor-sharp claws. A yokai kamaitachi.

"Nope! Yer gonna hafta catch me, Aki!!" The brother taunted back in reply.

The brother in question was twelve, tall with a slender build and pale skin. He had messy jet-black hair with the front pieces that hung over his eyes colored a platinum blonde on the left side and a snowy white on the right. His face was decorated with a light splay of freckles across his cheeks and soft red marking beneath his eyes, which were a fiery red and orange that seemed to glow brighter than the flames of a beach bonfire at midnight.

The boy had two long black horns on his head and a long black whip-like tail.

He wore a dark cloak and armor, the emblem of Demoria on his chest, and his ears were lined with peircings.

While he was running, Sakusa Kiyatsumi looked behind him to laugh at his sister, Sakusa Akiyo, which caused him to run into something, or someone.

Kiyatsumi fell to the ground and looked up to see the nine golden-blonde fox-like tails of the queen of Demoria.

"D-dad!" Kiyatsumi greeted.

The queen was tall with a slender build and pale skin. His hair was a fluffy platinum blonde styled in an undercut with the sides a dark brown, and his eyes were a rich honey-like brown, filled with warmth.

On his head were a pair of golden-blonde fox-like ears tipped with white and he had nine similarly colored fox-like tails that were also tipped with white. Under his eyes, he had soft red marking that framed his warm honey-brown eyes perfectly.

The queen, Sakusa Atsumu, smirked and raised an eyebrow, "An' what d'ya think yer doin', Yatsu?" He asked.

Kiyatsumi laughed awkwardly, "Uh- Nothin'...?" He answered.

Atsumu tilted his head at Kiyatsumi skeptically, catching a glimpse of Akiyo running towards them.

Atsumu sighed and chuckled, before he offered his son a hand, "Ya two were playin' tag? Again?" He asked.

Kiyatsumi took Atsumu's hand and the kitsune pulled him up from the floor, "Yer lucky it was me who caught ya an' not yer father," he teased.

Kiyatsumi shivered as Akiyo finally caught up to him, "Sorry," she said with a bow.

Atsumu chuckled, "Lift yer head, Aki, I'm yer dad, no need to be so formal," he said, reaching out to ruffle Akiyo's hair.

Akiyo nodded and lifted her head, "Thanks dad," she answered.

Atsumu smiled, "Not a problem, Aki," he replied before turning to Kiyatsumi, "I hope ya didn't use yer wings inside," he asked to which Kiyatsumi shook his head in response.

Atsumu breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good," he said.

"What's good?" Came a voice from behind Atsumu while a pair of familiar strong arms wrapped around the kitsune's waist from behind.

Atsumu looked up to see his husband, Sakusa Kiyoomi, "Oh, nothin', Omi, they were jus' tellin' me how excited they are to learn how to fight," he answered, winking at Kiyatsumi and Akiyo.