Best Friends Reunited

Tetsurou was walking down the hallway of the infirmary when he heard talking from the last room.

He found Motoya and Michinari chatting pleasantly with one another and decided to leave them be.

Tetsurou then heard the feint sound of footsteps behind him and he turned to see Atsumu slowly making his way out of his room and into another room.

Tetsurou furrowed his eyebrows until he realized whose room it was, being the Demorian prince's room.

He moved silently down the hallway towards the room, stopping outside to peek into the room.

Atsumu had walked into Kiyoomi's room, finding the prince already awake.

"Omi?" Atsumu called, his head still a bit fuzzy.

Kiyoomi looked up at Atsumu from his seat on his bed and smiled warmly, "Long time no speak, Atsu," he greeted.

Atsumu felt tears pricking at the corners of his eyes as he forgot all his pain and raced towards Kiyoomi.

Kiyoomi smiled softly as he stood up to catch Atsumu in a warm, long-awaited hug.

Atsumu wrapped his arms around Kiyoomi's back and the demon wrapped his arms around the kitsune's waist, burying his face in his fluffy blonde hair.

Atsumu nuzzled his face into Kiyoomi's chest while he let the tears flow.

"Omi..." He whispered, his voice shaky.

Kiyoomi ran a comforting hand up Atsumu's back and through his hair, "I'm here, Atsu," he promised before he pressed a soft kiss to the top of Atsumu's head, "I'm here."

Atsumu held tightly onto Kiyoomi for a few more minutes before he pulled away and placed his hands on Kiyoomi's chest with flushed cheeks and a small smile, "Thank ya for savin' me an' Kagi, Omi," he said.

Kiyoomi let his hands fall to Atsumu's lower back and he returned the smile, "What else would I have done, Atsu?" He asked rhetorically, "I couldn't just let you be executed, what kind of best friend would I be?"

Atsumu huffed a short laugh, "One that cares 'bout his life, Omi, ya do know that ya can never go back to Demoria while yer mother is still queen, right?"

"You're more important than Demoria, Atsu," Kiyoomi replied to a blushing Atsumu, "At least to me you are," he added.

Atsumu scoffed, "How're ya still a dork after three years?" He asked.

Kiyoomi chuckled as he sat down on the bed, bringing Atsumu to sit down next to him before wrapping an arm around the kitsune's waist, "I'm like this because of you," he said with a smirk.

Atsumu scowled before he chuckled, "Ya really haven't changed, Omi, I'm glad..." He said, avoiding his gaze.

Kiyoomi scoffed, "And yet, when I look at you, I see a whole new person," he teased.

Atsumu looked offended, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Kiyoomi chuckled while he gently took hold of Atsumu's right hand with his free hand, softly rubbing his thumb across the back of Atsumu's hand and observing how they fit perfectly, "When I look at you now, I don't see the adorable little kitsune I used to defend from bullies, he's still there, yes, but now he's a warrior," he said.

Atsumu blushed and buried his face in Kiyoomi's shoulder, "Omi, yer so sappy," he whined.

Kiyoomi laughed, "Just speaking the truth, Atsu..." He replied, "Plus, I really like the new look," he added, letting go of Atsumu's waist to ruffle his hair, "It suits you."

"Ya think?" Atsumu asked, reaching up and poking at his hair with his free hand.

Kiyoomi smiled, "Yeah, I like it," he promised.

Atsumu smiled and he pressed a soft kiss to Kiyoomi's cheek before he snuggled into Kiyoomi's warmth.

The demon prince froze before a wide smile formed on his face and he tightened his hold around Atsumu.

Tetsurou huffed a short laugh before he left the two alone, he finally realized who the prince was to Atsumu.

"Hey, Tsumu, how are you feeling?" Nineteen-year-old Tetsurou asked softly as he sat down next to fourteen-year-old Atsumu.

Atsumu was sitting outside in the back garden of the Kuroo residence with his back against a tree, watching the sun set over the horizon.

"I miss him..." Was all Atsumu said to answer.

Tetsurou exhaled slowly, he knew about what Atsumu went through before he came to Isaron and thus knew that he was treading dangerous waters, "Who? Your twin?" He asked slowly.

Atsumu shook his head and wiped his eyes with the back of his wrist, "I mean, I do miss him... But I miss someone else too..." He said softly.

Tetsurou furrowed his eyebrows, "Who is it then?" He asked.

Atsumu sniffed and he looked out over the horizon again, "Omi..." He replied.

"Omi?" Tetsurou repeated, slightly confused, "Was he a pet?"

Atsumu snorted, a small smile forming on his face before it dissappeared, "No, he wasn't a pet... He was my best friend..."

Tetsurou immediately felt a sense of deep sadness envelope him, "Was he another yokai?" He asked.

To his surprise, Atsumu shook his head, "No, he was a demon," he answered nonchalantly.

Tetsurou's eyes widened, "A demon?" He asked in disbelief.

Atsumu smiled weakly and nodded, "He had big black wings, a tail, an' big horns..." He said, "I was with him the day the yokai eradication began, which is why I wasn't at home when the knights came... He's the reason I survived," he said.

Tetsurou found it in himself to smile, "I'm sure you'll see each other again someday, Tsumu," he said as he ruffled Atsumu's hair.

Atsumu smiled, "I hope yer right, Tetsu," he replied.

Tetsurou spared one last glance into the room where Atsumu and Kiyoomi were still talking before he walked away.

In a way, he was glad that Atsumu's best friend turned out to be the prince of Demoria, and by the way Kiyoomi looked at Atsumu, Tetsurou could tell that the demon was thinking of the kitsune as more than a friend.

Maybe, just maybe, when the war was over, and Kiyoomi took the throne of Demoria, he could bring peace to the rival kingdoms.

Tetsurou smiled at the thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Questionnnn

What's your favorite song?
This is mine: hair out by Stand Atlantic 😌👌

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -