A Wounded Soldier

A cry of pure agony rang through the air, and Atsumu turned back just in time to see Morisuke stumble back and fall onto the ground, dropping his bow and scattering his arrows from his quiver.

Atsumu's eyes widened as his eyes settled on the long silver blade sticking out of Morisuke's stomach right in between the plating of his armor, a dark crimson liquid beginning to pool from the wound.

The soldier who'd made the wound reached down and pulled the sword from Morisuke's abdomen, but right as she looked up, she was met with a battle-axe blade to the side of her neck.

Lev's axe made perfect impact, and the soldier went limp as she fell to the ground, her head no longer attached to the rest of her body.

Lev hunched over Morisuke as the rest of the team ran up behind him, and Tobio quickly spread his wings and surrounded them, the steel on the tips of his feathers making his wings practically impenetrable and shielding them from the attacks.

Lev quickly ripped a large piece of his cloak off and unclipped Morisuke's breastplate before wrapping the strip of cloth tightly over the wound and around Morisuke's waist.

"Come on, Morisuke, stay with me," Lev whispered in a panicked tone of voice as he gently picked up Morisuke and applied pressure to the makeshift bandage.

Morisuke's breathing was shallow and pained, making the team all the more worried.

"We have to get him out of here," Michinari said quickly.

Kenma nodded in agreement, "Kageyama can take him back while we stay behind and fight," he said.

Tobio shook his head solemnly, "I can't fly out of here now, Kenma-san, I'm not as fast and maneuverable as Hinata, I'll get shot down," he explained.

Kenma bit his lip and looked around at the remaining fighters on his team, finally taking in their condition.

Lev looked distraught as he held a heavily wounded Morisuke close to his chest, Tobio looked tired and the steel tips of his wings were dripping with blood, Atsumu looked worried and tired but otherwise okay with Michinari looking about the same, Morisuke was definitely out of commission, and Kenma himself was exhausted and the stress of the situation wasn't helping.

Kenma punched the ground, the pain clearing his head slightly but not helping much at all.

Kenma felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned to find Atsumu looking at him with furrowed brows and a frown.

"Kenma, go," Atsumu said, "Take Yaku an' escape while I distract 'em," he said.

Kenma's eyes widened, "No, Atsumu, I can't leave you here," he replied.

Atsumu gritted his teeth, "Captain, with all due respect, take Yaku an' the rest of the team, an' get back to Isaron," he said, "Yaku's not gonna survive if ya don't get him immediate medical attention."

Kenma scoffed, "And leave you here to die? How could I do that, Tsumu??" He asked, now angry.

"Kenma!" Atsumu snapped, "I'm not askin' ya to leave me behind, I'm askin' ya to save Yaku," he said.

Tears gathered in the corners of Kenma's eyes, "I promised Kuroo I'd protect you," he said.

Atsumu's eyes widened at the mention of his brother before he closed his eyes and sighed, "Captain... The attack unit are like family to me, an' I won't let any more people close to me die," he declared, a heavy-set determination in his eyes, "Tell Tetsu that I'm sorry, an' I thank him for bein' my brother, but I need ya an' the team to escape," he said.

Kenma stared into the cold, broken eyes of the kitsune before he turned away and sighed, "Just... Come home... Please," he replied softly.

Atsumu squeezed Kenma's shoulder, "Don't worry 'bout me, Cap, jus' make my brother happy, an' if I do end up not comin' back an' he blames ya for this, tell him that I said that I'll haunt him for the rest of his life," he assured.

Kenma huffed a short laugh and nodded, "I will, Tsumu," he took a deep breath before raising his voice, "Alright, Lev, carry Yaku and go ahead. Kageyama, shield them with your wings. Akagi, you and me are going to make up the rear. We're retreating," he announced.

"Wait, what about Tsumu?" Michinari asked quickly.

"I'm stayin' behind to create a distraction an' hold off the vamps while ya guys make it over the wall an' escape," Atsumu explained.

Michinari's eyes widened, "No, I won't let you fight alone, I'll stay behind with you," he declared.

Atsumu gritted his teeth, "Kagi, ya have a family, a mom an' a dad, ya hafta escape," he said.

Michinari huffed, "If you're staying behind, I'm staying behind too," he declared, "We're partners, remember?"

Atsumu sighed, he knew he couldn't deny Michinari's sentiment, "Fine..." He said.

Kenma bit his lip, he wasn't eager to leave his two best soldiers behind, but he was less eager to let Morisuke bleed out and die.

He sighed reluctantly before nodding to Lev and Tobio, "Let's get Yaku to safety."

Lev and Tobio looked equally worried but they understood the situation and didn't argue.

"Are you two ready?" Kenma asked.

Atsumu and Michinari nodded in response.

Kenma took a deep breath, "Kageyama, clear a pathway," he commanded.

At once, Tobio flicked his wings outwards and swatted all of the vampiric soldiers away from the group before he, Kenma and Lev, while carrying Morisuke, bolted towards the wall.

The soldiers hit the ground in a crumpled heap, but it didn't take long for them to begin getting back up again.

With Kenma and the rest of the team already halfway up the wall, Atsumu and Michinari glanced at each other and nodded.

Atsumu dropped his hood for the first time that night, letting the cool air prickle his skin with goosebumps and breeze through his hair.

He took a deep breath, his hand reaching unconsciously for Michinari's, meeting with the latter's hand in the middle.

Atsumu's gaze lifted towards the moon and his eyes began to glow with a bright golden light that shined through the darkness.

He looked over at Michinari, his hood was also dropped and he had a bright silvery-white light shining from his eyes.

Michinari glanced up at him, "We'll make it, Tsumu," he said, though it didn't sound all that convincing to either yokai.

Atsumu sighed worriedly, "I hope so."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hehehe more fighting scenes 😍👌

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -