A Worried Brother

Tetsuro was waiting anxiously at Isaron's main gates with an equally nervous Shoyo standing next to him.

Shoyo had informed Tetsurou of the ambush when he arrived just under two hours ago, and now, the pair fearfully awaited the rest of the attack unit's arrival.

They heard the galloping of horses coming closer, their hooves crunching on the gravel roads, but when they came into view, they were only four horses with what looked like only three riders.

Tetsurou's heart dropped the moment he realised that Atsumu and his midnight steed were nowhere to be seen.

Though, Tetsurou's attention was quickly diverted from his brother as he noticed Lev holding Morisuke close to his chest while he dismounted his horse.

Tetsurou noticed the dark red stains on the piece of cloth wrapped around Morisuke's stomach, that, along with the way the archer lied limp in Lev's arms, his breathing shallow, indicated to Tetsurou that there were much more urgent matters to attend to.

"Quickly, to the infirmary," Tetsurou directed, earning a nod from Lev who immediately followed behind him with Morisuke in his arms and Shoyo, Kenma and Tobio following close behind them.

They made it to the infirmary where they quickly stripped Morisuke's armour and his bloodied shirt off before they cleaned and dressed the wound.

When Morisuke was confirmed stable, Lev brought a chair up to the bed and sat down heavily, his hand finding Morisuke's and intertwining their fingers.

"I'm here, Morisuke, moya lyubov'..." He whispered quietly while he brought Morisuke's hand to his forehead before he lowered it to his lips and kissed the knuckles one by one.

Tobio and Shoyo were silently watching from the corner of the room.

Shoyo was curled up against Tobio's chest, he couldn't bare to look so he instead buried his face into the warmth of Tobio, who was sitting with his back against the wall, his steel-tipped wings hanging limp at his sides, a gentle arm wrapped around Shoyo's lower back, and the other hand running softly through his hair.

Kenma and Tetsurou were standing at the door, both of their expressions devoid of any emotion, until Tetsurou tapped on Kenma's shoulder and motioned for him to follow.

Kenma complied and followed Tetsurou into a separate room, the door of which was closed by Tetsurou after Kenma entered.

Tetsurou let his hand rest on the handle while he leaned his forehead against the door, his other hand curling into a fist.

There was a tense silence between the two and Kenma could only stay silent as he waited for Tetsurou to speak.

"I doubt I have to ask, do I?" Tetsurou asked rhetorically.

Kenma was silent for a minute before he reached out to touch Tetsurou's shoulder, "Kuroo-"

Kenma froze as Tetsurou shrugged off his hand and pushed past him to sit down heavily in the chair by the desk that sat in the middle of the room, it was a doctor's office.

Tetsurou leaned his elbows on the desk and buried his face in the palms of his hands, rubbing his temples.

Kenma lowered his hand slowly, trying to ignore the burning sting in his chest at Tetsurou's disregard of him.

Kenma took a shaky breath, "I tried to stop him..." He said softly.

Tetsurou sighed, "I know..." He replied, "Atsumu forced you, didn't he?"

Kenma turned to face Tetsurou and he nodded in confirmation, "He told me to tell you that he's sorry and that he thanks you for being his brother," he replied quietly.