Partners In Crime

Kiyoomi took a deep breath as he stared at himself in the mirror.

He was dressed in dark steel armor, the red coloring of the royal insignia of Demoria on his breastplate shining in the dim bed chamber's light.

His regal midnight black cloak hung over the back of his shoulders, sweeping across the ground lightly, and the hilt of his broadsword gleamed from its scabbard that was attached to his belt.

Kiyoomi sighed, "I'll see you soon, Atsu," he muttered under his breath before he made his way over to the door.

Kiyoomi found his way to the entrance of the dungeons just beneath the castle where Komori was waiting for him, also dressed in full armor, his crossbow strapped to his back just under his cloak.

"Are you ready?" Motoya asked and Kiyoomi nodded in confirmation.

"Alright, follow my lead," Motoya said, to which Kiyoomi complied.

Motoya lead him into the dungeon, and Kiyoomi's eyes widened at the sound of a pained scream ringing through the air.

Motoya quickened his pace and stopped at a cell all the way at the end of the cold stone corridor.

The cell door was open, and inside were two guards, a gargoyle and a gorgon, beating two yokai.

The two yokai were in bad shape, their hands chained to the cobbled brick walls on opposite sides of the cell.

The yokai on the left side of the cell was an inugami. He was shirtless, reavaling pale skin, painted with blood, and a slim but muscular build, covered in cuts and bruises. His hair was jet-black and caked with sweat and blood. A dim white light glowed from his half-open eyes, almost swollen closed from the beating. His black-and-white wolf-like ears were drooped and his tail hung limp behind him.

The yokai on the right side of the cell was a kitsune. He too was shirtless, revealing pale skin, also covered in bruises and blood, and a slender but muscular build. His blood-streaked platinum blonde hair stuck to his forehead with sweat, and his eyes were closed. He was barely conscious, his breathing shallow and irregular. His brown ears hung low and his eight similarly colored tails lied limp on the ground.

Motoya gritted his teeth as he watched the gorgon punch the inugami across the face, causing the boy to splutter and cough up blood.

"I take it that you would like to be imprisoned and executed for breaking one of Demoria's laws?" Motoya stated calmly, though his words held a sinister weight because they were not a threat, but a promise.

The two guards jolted and spun around to salute their general with fear in their eyes, "General Komori, sir!" They greeted.

"By order of the Demorian law, you are to leave the dungeon at once or face the consequences of unlawfully torturing inmates who are due to be executed," Motoya said, "So do not let me catch you down here again," he hissed.

The two guards nodded quickly and bowed before they rushed out of the room.

Kiyoomi listened for the closing of the door to the dungeons, and once he heard it, he turned to Motoya, "They're gone," he said.

Motoya curled his hands into fists and quickly moved over to the inugami chained to the wall.

The inugami turned to look at him, blood trickling down from his split lip, he blinked weakly before his glowing eyes changed to a dimmer stormy grey and he let his head hang limp, seemingly preparing himself for another round of torture.

Motoya quickly unhooked the keys from his belt before he crouched down and began unlocking the chains around the inugami's wrists and ankles.

The inugami's attention quickly snapped up to watch Motoya work, "What... What are you doing?" He asked weakly.

Motoya had just finished unchaining his ankles and moved to his wrists, "I'm breaking you out, yokai don't deserve this treatment," he explained as he unlocked the last chain.

The inugami fell forwards into Motoya's arms and shivered, causing the demon to quickly unclip his cloak and wrap it around the inugami's bare skin.

"We're on your side," Motoya promised, "We're going to get you back to Isaron."

Motoya turned back to Kiyoomi and tossed the keys to him, "Release your boyfriend from his chains," he said, "I'm going to go find their weapons," he informed.

Motoya left the cell hurriedly as Kiyoomi caught the keys with reddened cheeks and finally turned towards the kitsune, his heart clenching at the sight.

He knew exactly who the kitsune was, though his hair was different and he'd put on quite a bit of muscle, Kiyoomi would recognize him anywhere, even in the dim lighting of the dungeon.

Kiyoomi moved quickly, ignoring the inugami who was watching him closely from his position on the floor against the wall, wrapped in Motoya's midnight-black cloak.

Kiyoomi crouched down in front of the blonde, and began unlocking his chains, causing the kitsune, Miya Atsumu, to open his eyes slowly.

His broken gaze landed on Kiyoomi, his honey-brown irises barely visible through his dark brown eyelashes, "...Omi...?" He asked weakly.

Kiyoomi sucked in a sharp breath and reached out to cup Atsumu's cheek in his palm, "I'm here, Atsu, and I'm getting you back to Isaron," he declared.

Atsumu seemed to process this information before he took a deep breath and winced, "My chest hurts..."

Kiyoomi grimaced and furrowed his eyebrows nervously, "You'll be okay, Atsu, I promise," he said as he unlocked the last chain, causing Atsumu to fall forward.

Kiyoomi quickly caught him and wrapped him in his cloak, just like Motoya did with the inugami.

"Akagi Michinari... Is he okay...?" Atsumu asked weakly.

Kiyoomi looked behind him, "Is that your inugami friend?" He asked, to which Atsumu nodded.

Kiyoomi exhaled lightly, "Don't worry, we've got him here, we're taking you both back to Isaron," he assured.

Motoya came back in with two katanas and two sickle-like blades chained to one another in hand, all of which he strapped to his back with his crossbow.

Motoya moved over to the inugami and gently wrapped his arms around the yokai before scooping him off the cold concrete floor bridal-style, shifting his arms slightly so that the inugami's head was resting comfortably against his chest.

The inugami shivered and curled up closer to Motoya, who blushed slightly before he shook his head and turned to Kiyoomi, "Let's go," he said.

Kiyoomi nodded in confirmation, and lifted Atsumu off of the ground, holding the kitsune close to his chest as he moved towards the small barred window near the ceiling of the cell.

He spread his large black wings, and wrapped his tail one of the bars on the right side of the window , Motoya doing the same with his tail on one of the bars on the left side.

Together, they began to pull, the iron bars groaning under the joined power of the royal demon cousins.

Suddenly, the bolts attaching the bars to the stone bricks broke loose and a barrage of debris hurtled towards them.

They quickly shielded themselves and the yokai with their wings before they checked the damage done.

The brick had broken away, leaving a jagged hole in the wall that gave way to the outside.

Kiyoomi took a deep breath to mentally prepare himself for the long flight to come, and with one powerful snap of his wings, he launched through the opening in the wall, and spiraled out into the deep night sky with Motoya following closely behind him.

The moon was high, and the sun was no doubt due to rise in a few hours as the two demons shot across the night sky as fast as their wings could carry them with the added weight of the yokai duo.

They had one destination in mind, and that was Isaron.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vibing to NEFFEX rn, feeling good 😎

Anygays! Bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -