The Strongest Yokai

There was a flash of golden lightning and Atsumu and Michinari were gone, and the others were only able to watch while they approached the oni.

The oni smiled down at them, and Atsumu and Michinari could almost feel them peeking into their brains and seeing their next move.

Atsumu and Michinari stared up at the two oni, "Use yer instincts, Kagi, don't let 'em see yer next move, an' don't let that blood touch ya!" Atsumu called.

Michinari scowled, "You think I don't know that?" He replied but quickly moved out of the way as a jet of blood spurted past his cheek, nearly touching him, shocking him entirely.

"Run away," the red oni's voice boomed, "With your backs turned to me," he grinned.

Suddenly, a multitude of the jets of blood spurted from its back and slammed into the ground so quickly that Atsumu and Michinari were forced to turn and run.

Atsumu didn't use his kitsune speed just yet, he didn't want to leave Michinari behind, "Kagi! Can ya run any faster?" He asked quickly.

Michinari's glowing silvery white eyes flickered for a second, he was at his top speed, which was still faster than any other person would be able to go, "No way!" Michinari answered frantically right before a spear of blood crashed into the floor next to him and knocked him off balance, causing him to fall.

Atsumu stopped and ran back, picking up Michinari and moving him out of the way before he could be pummeled by the oncoming wave of blood-spears.

With Michinari in his arms, Atsumu was free to use his full kitsune speed, darting towards the treeline while a trail of golden electricity followed behind him.

"I've got your back," Michinari said, his eyes trained on the jets of blood coming towards them with his chain-blades in hand.

"Thanks," Atsumu answered before he sped up, his boots crashing into the soil right as they hit the treeline, launching them forwards.

Michinari's eyes widened as Atsumu sprinted between the trees, dodging the blood spurts at speeds faster than he could ever imagine, causing the wind to whip through his hair and pickle tears into the corners of his eyes.

The red oni hummed, "What speed... While carrying someone too..." He thought aloud, his grey accomplice agreeing with him before he scowled, "They'll get away," he cursed, "Well, no matter," he added, a maniacal grin spreading across his face.

Atsumu saw some light up ahead and leaped high over the tree tops to land in an enormous clearing where he was about to crash into a giant oak tree.

Atsumu twisted in the air and covered himself and Michinari with his tails, which took most of the impact when they hit the tree.

The tree toppled to the ground behind them, and Atsumu and Michinari slowly stood up, "Okay, we're outta range now," Atsumu said.

Michinari grinned as Atsumu stepped away from the fallen tree, "Well done, you have my compliments," he teased, "But seriously, thanks," he added before his eyes widened, "Atsumu!!"

Michinari shoved Atsumu aside and was hit by a wall of blood by the grey oni who seemed to appear next to him, dousing him in the hot corrosive liquid, "It took the shortest route and got ahead of us?!" Michinari exclaimed.

Atsumu turned in shock, "Kagi!!" He called and just as he was about to reach for his partner, three tendrils of blood slammed into his arm and ripped through his armor, he turned back in horror to see the red oni grinning at him.

"Atsumu!" Michinari exclaimed, his eyes landing on Atsumu's blood-covered arm.

"You need not to worry," the red oni smiled, "My younger brother's blood does not have the same quality as mine," he informed, "And even mine won't kill you unless your body is bathed in it... Though it will hurt like hell," he grinned.

Atsumu gritted his teeth, he could already feel the pain seeping in and he knew Michinari could feel it too.

"I'd give the inugami about fifteen minutes," said the red oni, "Ten minutes max for you though, blondie," he grinned and Atsumu narrowed his eyes, "By nightfall, nothing but bones will remain... So what will you do now?" He asked with a sickening smirk, "If the suffering is too great, would you like me to end you right away?"

"An ability that guarantees victory once it hits... Oni are truly strong," Michinari pondered, "Too bad for you though... That makes me the worst match for you!!" He shouted.

Michinari's eyes flashed a blinding white and both the red and the grey oni keeled over in pain.

Michinari's gaze held steadily on the red oni, "A part of the inugami ability, possession... Now you can feel my pain increased by tenfold..." He said with a grin, "Let's see who dies first..."

Atsumu's eyes flicked over to Michinari who held one of the ends of his chain blades over his outstretched forearm which was covered in black splotches of decay, "Kagi-"

"If I'm going to die here anyway," Michinari began, "Then I'll keep hammering them with pain," he said.

"That's quite intense," the red oni admitted, "But no matter how much pain you put yourself through, it won't end our lives," he said, reading Michinari's thoughts aloud, "As long as we hold out, you'll be the ones to die..." He let out a strained laugh, "Not to mention, the pain from the decay will keep you from movin-"

The red oni's eyes widened when Atsumu suddenly appeared behind the grey oni, his golden flames wrapping around his fist as it moved towards the oni.

Both oni sputtered and coughed as Michinari drove his blade into his wrist, the wound pouring with blood.

Atsumu's fist made perfect connection with the grey oni's face knocking it to the ground with a loud crunch sound.

"How are you moving so well??!" The red oni screamed.

Michinari grinned, "Atsumu is a fully matured kitsune, and his past keeps him fighting until the very end..." He said, "He's probably feeling the pain from the decomposition, but if it's just pain... Atsumu, won't stop!!" He shouted in triumph, knowing that if he was in pain, it was only fueling Atsumu's rage and will to fight, and he was completely correct.

Atsumu delivered kicks and punches to the grey oni like there was nothing slowing him down at all.

Michinari could tell that Atsumu was in pain, probably more than he was, but Atsumu had a strong will to protect those he cared for, and right now all of them were counting on him and Michinari to kill these two oni.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anybody recognize this scene? 🤭

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -