Two Strong-Willed Yokai

Atsumu continued to pummel the grey oni, his rage practically materializing around him with the golden electricity that crackled and sparked from his glowing golden eyes.

"Brother!!" The red oni screamed, but before he could do anything, Michinari dragged his blade up his arm, deepened the wound.

"Shut up already!" Michinari shouted in an annoyed tone, and the red oni fell to his knees, coughing up blood as he went.

"That is nothing!" The red oni screamed before he got up and ran towards Michinari.

To both oni's surprise, Michinari stepped backwards, along with Atsumu, and they spun around, switching for Atsumu to face the red oni and Michinari to face the grey one.

"Do you think you can stop my movement forever?!" The red oni screamed, "Inugami!!! Even with your interference, this kitsune won't be able to to kill me before he dies!!"

"B-brother!!" The grey oni called out weakly.

The red oni froze mid-run, which gave Atsumu enough time to unsheath his katanas and stab one of them through his abdomen.

Atsumu's foxfire crackled and ran up his blade and into the red oni's body, engulfing both of them in the golden flames and electricity.

Michinari inhaled sharply as the black splotches of decay vanished from his skin, Atsumu's foxfire engulfing him too.

Being released from the pain of the decomposition, Atsumu's movements were lightning quick and strong as ever.

The red oni could just about dodge while Atsumu slashed with his swords , attacking with such incredible speed that the oni could barely keep up, even with his telepathy and clairvoyance.

Finally, a kick from Atsumu connected and the oni was sent flying backwards into another large oak tree.

Atsumu launched towards him, barely missing his head and driving his katanas into the tree when the oni moved his head to dodge.

Atsumu ripped his blades from the tree and the oni quickly ducked under another attack before he jumped back for the next one, Atsumu's blades slamming into the ground and causing dirt and grass to fly out in all directions.

The oni leapt into the sky and unleashed the tendrils of his blood before sending them jetting towards Atsumu.

Atsumu gripped his katanas tightly and leapt out of the way of the first round, landing vertically on a tree trunk which he used to propel himself to the next tree trunk.

Atsumu sprinted across the clearing and leapt into the air, twisting his body and using his blades to effectively dodge and deflect the spears of blood rocketing towards him.

Meanwhile, the grey oni charged towards Michinari, who dodged its attack easily before countering.

Michinari held one end of his chain-blades in his left hand, the wounded hand, and he held the middle of the connecting chain in his right.

He swung the free end of the chain-blades above his head, gaining momentum before he spun around and whipped it in a wide downwards arc towards the grey oni's body.

Atsumu and the red oni had landed on the ground by now, the kitsune behind the oni with his katanas lighting up with the golden flames of his foxfire.

He ran towards the red oni, and with an upward slash of his katanas he managed to sever its left arm at the shoulder right as Michinari's chain-blade came crashing down on the grey oni's head.

The grey oni's scream of terror rang through the clearing before it fell to the ground and went limp.

The red oni's eyes watered at the sight, "Brother!!" He cried.

Michinari turned to help Atsumu fight the red oni, a dark and murderous gleam in his eyes.

"Elder brother!!" The grey oni screamed suddenly as it got up and leaped towards Michinari.

However, Michinari paid no mind as he gripped the chain of his weapon and whipped around, the momentum of his spin carrying the blade right through the oni's body in a downwards diagonal slash from its left shoulder to its right hip, slicing it in two before Michinari spun again and brought the sickle-like blade down through its teeth, effectively crushing his skull.

"Don't worry..." Michinari stated calmly while he ripped his blade from the grey oni's face, "I'll be sending your older brother to join you soon," he declared.

The red oni's eyes were wide as he stared at the grey oni's corpse, "Brother..." He whispered before he turned to Michinari, "You will pay for this!!" He snarled.

The oni charged towards Michinari, who barely blinked before he twisted the chain in his grip and leaped toward the oncoming oni.

Michinari twisted his body mid-air, and wrapped the chain around the oni's throat, crossing the ends and switching his hands before he pulled hard.

The oni's head was liberated from its shoulders right as a katana burning with golden foxfire shot through its skull right between the eyes.

Michinari leaped backwards off the headless oni corpse and landed softly on the grass a few meters back while the corpse crashed into the dirt and its head was skewered into the trunk of a tree by one of Atsumu's katanas which he had thrown.

Atsumu appeared next to Michinari with the katana that was previously lodged in the red oni's head now in its saya attached to Atsumu's belt along with the other.

Michinari strapped his chain-blades into their holsters on his back and gazed at the scene in front of them.

The two oni were finally dead.

Michinari's eyes dimmed and returned to their normal stormy grey, his possession ability had been released when they'd killed the oni.

Atsumu looked at Michinari, his breathing was heavy and his armor were a mess of melted and warped steel, but he was smiling at Atsumu.

Atsumu could only imagine that he was in the same state, if not worse-looking, but he mirrored the grin on Michinari's face.

"We did it!" Michinari said in triumph, and Atsumu nodded.

Atsumu's eyes dimmed into their natural warm brown as well while his flames faded away and the electricity dispersed, though his ears and tails stayed golden-blonde in color, and the red markings on his face remained.

Atsumu smiled widely at Michinari, and offered him a hand, "C'mon, let's get back to the others," he said, and Michinari nodded.

Michinari eagerly took Atsumu's hand, and this time, he wasn't surprised by Atsumu's super speed when they rocketed through the forest towards their friends.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ngl, the last few chapters were so much fun to write 😌✋

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -