A Demon's Ally

Kiyoomi reluctantly turned away from the Isaronian king and the kitsune as they rode off into the distance towards the kingdom of Isaron.

Kiyoomi turned and was greeted by the sight of a well-toned boy, slightly shorter than him with pale skin. The boy had short chestnut hair and rounded eyebrows. His eyes were a dark greyish-blue, like the sleek silvery steel of Kiyoomi's broadsword.

The boy wore a full set of armor and had a pair of black horns on his head, a long thin whip-like tail, and large black bat-like wings.

"It was him, wasn't it?" The boy asked.

Kiyoomi turned back to the balcony and leaned over the edge before he nodded.

"Ah... So when will I be able to meet the yokai who sets my cousin's heart ablaze?" The boy asked after he stepped forward and leaned over the railing next to Kiyoomi.

Kiyoomi scoffed, "Shut up, Motoya," he said, rolling his eyes.

The boy, Komori Motoya, chuckled, "He used to be all you spoke of, you know? Atsu this... Atsu that... All I ever heard was, 'Oh, Motoya! My Atsu's so cute! I just want to hold him, and cuddle him, and kiss-"

"I have never in my life said that, and I do not sound like that," Kiyoomi snapped with a disgusted expression, causing Motoya to burst out laughing before it died down.

Motoya sighed, the smile melting from his face, "What are you going to do, Kiyo?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked, deflecting Motoya's question.

"You know what I'm talking about, Kiyo..." Motoya stated plainly.

Kiyoomi's gaze drifted to the courtyard four storeys below where he saw his mother sitting peacefully, as if she didn't just bring war upon her kingdom.

Motoya sighed, "I know how you feel about him Kiyo, and I can't blame you... The two of you are practically made for each other," he said, failing to notice the increasingly reddening cheeks of his cousin, "But you do realize that he is on the opposite side of this war, right?"

Kiyoomi's eyes widened, no, he did not quite realize that.

Kiyoomi had been so caught up with the fact that Atsumu was still alive that he'd completely forgotten that the kitsune was on the Isaronian side of the inevitable war that was to come.

Kiyoomi let out a frustrated sigh, "I... I don't know... I- I don't want to fight against Atsu..." He said.

Motoya chuckled, "Well, whatever you decide, I'm right there with you, Kiyo," he assured.

Kiyoomi's attention snapped towards his cousin, "What?" He asked.

Motoya chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Come on, Kiyo, you know I despise your mother and her sick ways," he admitted, "So if you decide to actually take up the fight alongside Isaron and Atsumu, I'm coming with you," he assured.

Kiyoomi's eyes widened, "Have I ever told you that you're my favorite cousin?" He asked.

Motoya grinned, "No, but I know I'm your favorite cousin," he confirmed, "Plus, you know, Atsumu is pretty cute, I'd hate for him to die on the battlefield," he said with a teasing smirk.

Kiyoomi gritted his teeth, "Motoya... Plan your next words carefully..." He warned.

Motoya chuckled, "Don't worry, Kiyo, the little kitsune is all yours," he assured.

"Fuck off," Kiyoomi grumbled, turning away to look out across the kingdom.

"Seriously?" Motoya mused, "Look me in the eye right now and tell me that you don't want to make him your queen," he demanded.

Kiyoomi turned to Motoya and glared at him, but he stayed silent.

Motoya stared at him, a knowing smile spreading across his face, "You can't do it, can you?" He taunted, "Because you know you want to marry that pretty little kitsune, don't you?"

Kiyoomi gritted his teeth but he said nothing, because if there was one thing he hated, it was lying, and he knew that he couldn't deny anything of what Motoya said.

Motoya could barely contain his laughter at the sight of the expression on Kiyoomi's face.

After Motoya's laughter quietened down, the two were left in a comfortable silence.

"Why would you follow if I choose to fight alongside Isaron? Your home is in Demoria..." Kiyoomi stated blankly after a while.

Motoya chuckled, "I may live in Demoria, Kiyo, but it is not my home..."

Kiyoomi furrowed his eyebrows, "What does that mean?" He asked.

Motoya sighed, "Demoria has long since lost its title of my home, as it had done so the day that my parents lost their lives by the hands of this land's queen," he said, and Kiyoomi flinched, "They had done nothing wrong, Kiyo, all they did was express their discomfort with the idea of the yokai eradication... Your mother, however, does not particularly enjoy it when people disagree with her..."

"They were convicted of treason, I know, we were both there that day... But why stay? If you had felt like there was nothing left, why stay in Demoria?" Kiyoomi asked.

Motoya chuckled, "I stayed because I refused to let you be infected by your mother's teachings, I knew, however, that they would not affect you because you were in love with a yokai, but I couldn't risk my little cousin's mind," he explained.

Kiyoomi grimaced, "You're only older than me by a month," he replied bluntly.

Motoya laughed, "Still counts as being older," he said with a grin, and for the first time in three years, Kiyoomi allowed himself to laugh.

"I guess you're right," Kiyoomi replied through his laughter.

Motoya smiled, he hadn't seen his cousin's smile since the day the yokai eradication began, and the last day he'd seen Atsumu.

"Thank you, Motoya," Kiyoomi said, catching Motoya's attention instantly, "For always covering for me whenever I went out to meet Atsu, and for staying in Demoria with me," he added with a chuckle.

Motoya smiled and let out a huff of laughter, "Don't mention it, Kiyo," he replied, "I knew Atsumu was special to you the day you told me about him."

Kiyoomi hummed in response and closed his eyes while the cold night breeze swept through his hair.

The silence was as comforting as it was apparent while Kiyoomi allowed himself to ponder his decision.

After a while, Kiyoomi opened his eyes slowly, "Motoya?" He called.

"Yeah?" Motoya answered.

"I think I'm going to fight for Isaron," Kiyoomi said decidedly.

Motoya smiled as he stared out across the kingdom, "Then I'm right there with you, Kiyo."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bleep bloop

Anygays, bye!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -