A Distressed Axe-Wielder

Lev watched Morisuke's unconscious form, his tail swaying nervously behind him as he gripped onto Morisuke's hand.

The two crow-like boys, Tobio and Shoyo, had moved to a separate room and were sleeping soundly on one of the beds.

Lev's complete attention was on Morisuke as he lifted the unconscious archer's hand to his forehead.

Lev sighed, his pained gaze settling on Morisuke's face, the archer's breathing shallow and uneven, "Please... Stay with me, moya lyubov'... I haven't even told you, yet..." He whispered against Morisuke's hand, closing his eyes slowly.

Morisuke's index finger twitched and Lev's eyes snapped open to see Morisuke's eyes open weakly, his light brown irises barely visible, "'Moya lyubov''?" He asked quoting Lev's words.

Lev's eyes widened, "You're awake," he stated.

Morisuke scowled, "Oh, really? I didn't notice..." He said sarcastically as he tried to sit up, only to wince in pain.

Lev moved quickly, his hands gently holding on to Morisuke's waist while he helped the archer sit up against the headboard, "Be careful... You're lucky the blade missed all of your vital organs," Lev said softly.

Morisuke blushed lightly and turned away, "What happened after I was wounded?" He asked.

Lev moved his hands away from Morisuke's waist and brought his chair closer to the bed.

Lev was silent for a few seconds before he spoke up, "I killed your attacker and then we escaped..." He answered.

Morisuke raised an eyebrow, sensing that there was more to the story than Lev was letting on, "What else happened?" He asked.

Lev sighed and ran a frustrated hand through his hair, "We lost Atsumu and Akagi," he answered blankly.

Morisuke's eyes widened, "Lost? As in dead??" He asked in fear.

Lev shook his head and Morisuke breathed a sigh of relief, but he was still confused, "Then... What do you mean by lost?"

"They stayed behind to distract the soldiers for us to escape, but they have yet to return," Lev explained, "We... We expect that they have been captured and are soon to be executed..."

Lev lowered his head to stare at the bed sheets while Morisuke processed this information.

Tears gathered in the corners of Morisuke's eyes, "Then we have to go back for them," he declared before he quickly tried to get out of the bed.

A sharp pain pierced Morisuke's abdomen as he tried to step off the bed, causing his legs to buckle from underneath him.

Lev's attention snapped towards Morisuke and he quickly caught the archer before he could hit the ground.

"Yaku! You have to rest ," Lev said as he lifted Morisuke up and sat him down on the edge of the bed.

Morisuke scowled while he tried to break free of Lev's grip on his arms, "We need to get them back Lev! I can't just sit here and wait for them to be executed-"

"Morisuke!" Lev snapped, his eyes flaring with rage, and Morisuke fell silent, "Kuroo and Kenma have informed the king and queen of the situation and they have been working on a plan to rescue them for the past two hours, so please... Just please, moya lyubov', take the time to recover," he begged before he let go of Morisuke and sat down heavily on the chair.

Morisuke's eyes widened, he'd never seen Lev this distressed before, but something was tugging at his curiosity.

"You keep saying that..." Morisuke pointed out.

"What?" Lev snapped, "That you need to rest? Because you do, Yaku," he said.

Morisuke furrowed his eyebrows, "No, no, not that... That other thing, 'moya lyubov''?" He asked.

Lev's eyes widened and his face reddened, "It's nothing," he said quickly.

Morisuke raised an eyebrow, "Yet you keeping saying it," he pointed out.

Lev scoffed, "It's just a nickname from my home language, it just slipped out..." He said defensively.

Morisuke narrowed his eyes, "What does it mean?" He asked.

"It's nothing, really!" Lev assured to no avail.

Morisuke snorted, "And you expect me to believe that? What does it mean, Lev?" He pressed.

Lev's face fell, "If I tell you... You'll never see me the same way..." He whispered.

Morisuke furrowed his eyebrows, "What?? Lev just tell me, how bad could it be?" He pushed.

"Fine!" Lev exclaimed, "'Moya lyubov'' means..." He took a deep breath, "It means 'my love'..." He explained.

Morisuke was frozen in place, he didn't think the words he heard were real, "Wait- Does that mean-?" Morisuke choked.

Lev sighed, "I'll be taking my leave now," he said blankly, avoiding eye-contact as he stood up from the chair.

Morisuke grabbed Lev's wrist, "No... Just tell me what you mean, please..." He pleaded.

Lev's gaze drifted to the wooden floor, "I'm in love with you, Yaku, I have been since we met... I kept it to myself for a while, but I can't just let you hurt yourself," he said defiantly, "I know you don't feel the same way so before I make this anymore awkward, I'm going to leave you alone," he added.

Lev pulled his arm away from Morisuke, whose face was flushed and heart was racing in his chest at the confirmation of Lev's feelings.

Morisuke quickly reached out, and grabbed Lev's cloak, ignoring the pain he felt with the stretch, "Lev, wait!" He called.

Lev stopped, but he didn't turn around.

Morisuke gulped, "Who told you that I'm not in love with you too?" He asked softly.

Lev froze before he turned around slowly, "You...love me too?" He asked slowly in disbelief.

Morisuke bit his lip and nodded in confirmation, "Please don't leave," he said.

Lev carefully took Morisuke's hand and intertwined their fingers before he brought it up to his lips and kissed the back of his hand.

Lev smiled softly at him, "Then I won't leave, moya lyubov'," he replied before he sat back down in his chair, "Just promise to rest, I don't want to see you in pain," he said as he reached up and stroked Morisuke's reddened cheek.

Morisuke relaxed into Lev's touch and smiled, "Alright, Lev, I will rest... Just tell me when the plan is set, I want to help," he replied.

Lev nodded, "Of course," he assured.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just sprinkling in some LevYaku while I'm at it 🤭

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -