Training Partners

A few days after Atsumu and Michinari had been returned to Isaron, the two yokai were up at the break of dawn, training for the upcoming war.

They were fully healed, thanks to their accelerated healing abilities.

"Tell me again why we hafta train with weights on?" Atsumu complained, "I can barely lift my arms..."

"Come on, Tsumu," Michinari said, rolling his eyes, "You know we have to get stronger, and this is the best way to do that," he justified.

Atsumu sighed, "I know..."

Michinari scoffed, "So stop complaining and raise your swords already."

"Katanas," Atsumu corrected, but he complied with the request anyway.

Michinari smirked before his eyes began to glow a bright silvery white, like stars in the sky of a cloudless night.

Atsumu just rolled his eyes as they lit up like the brazen gold flames of the summer's sun.

Michinari attacked first, sprinting  towards Atsumu.

He gripped onto the middle of the connecting chain, and swung both blades towards Atsumu's feet.

As if triggered by something, Atsumu watched the world slow down around him, and he watched the blades fly towards him in a wide arc.

Atsumu's eyes flashed as he stepped onto the blades and ran right up the chains with speeds that could rival light.

Atsumu sheathed his katanas and grabbed Michinari by the shoulders before he leaped forwards over Michinari's head.

Atsumu used the momentum of his jump to slingshot Michinari over his head and send him sprawling across the ground, causing him to drop the chain-blades on impact.

Atsumu landed perfectly on his feet and unsheathed his katanas before he charged towards Michinari.

Michinari quickly grabbed his blades off the ground and jumped to his feet just in time to block Atsumu's doubled-bladed downward slash with both sickle-like blades.

Michinari growled as he shoved Atsumu with a force that sent the kitsune hurtling backwards.

Atsumu stabbed both his blades into the ground to stabilize himself for a landing, his feet skidding backwards across the dirt.

From afar, Tetsurou watched them train with a small smile on his face, he was glad that the two yokai were getting back to their training regime.

With the soldiers building defenses around the outer kingdom walls, Tetsurou had quite the bit of free time on his hands.

He heard the sounds of footsteps behind him and turned to see the pair of demon cousins.

"So you're up," Tetsurou said in greeting.

"Morning, Kuroo," Motoya greeted, "Have you seen-"

Motoya stopped mid-sentence as his eyes settled on the ferocious battle between the yokai.

Kiyoomi looked panicked as Michinari took hold of one end of his chain-blades and swung the other end towards Atsumu's head.

Kiyoomi was about to stop them when Tetsurou put out his hand, indicating for him to wait, and so Kiyoomi did.

The chained blade hurtled towards Atsumu, but the kitsune merely caught the chain in his left hand, his claws trapping it in his grip.

Michinari growled and pulled back on the chain hard, causing Atsumu to lurch forwards towards Michinari.

Atsumu leaped off of the ground, using the chain as leverage to launch himself into the air before he unsheathed his katanas and came crashing down towards Michinari with a dual-blade downwards slash.

Michinari was quick to react, sectioning off a piece of the chain with both hands and using it to stop Atsumu's katanas.

Michinari twisted the chain around Atsumu's blades and used it to throw the kitsune back, ripping the katanas from his hands.

Atsumu flew backwards, his position nowhere near correct to land, so instead, he curled into a ball and covered himself with his tails.

Atsumu's tails to most of the impact, absorbing the blow before he grabbed his katanas off the ground and attacked again.

Kiyoomi and Motoya stared at the pair of yokai, their jaws hanging open.

Tetsurou chuckled, a wide grin of amusement on his face at the expression on the demons' faces.

"You are witnessing two of Isaron's greatest fighters during their training," Tetsurou informed proudly.

Motoya blinked, "Aren't they afraid they'll hurt one another?" He asked.

Tetsurou laughed, "Oh, no, they're not fighting to hurt each other," he explained, "Besides, they're training with weights attached to their wrists and ankles, and it's slowing them down quite a bit," Tetsurou grinned, "Be glad they're on your side, boys," he said before he walked back inside the barracks.

Motoya and Kiyoomi watched Tetsurou walk away before they turned back to the two yokai just in time to see Michinari swipe Atsumu's feet out from under him with the chain.

Atsumu hit the ground and looked up to see Michinari's blades just hovering above his throat.

Michinari grinned, his eyes dimming to their normal stormy grey, "I got you," he said.

Atsumu smirked, "Oh, no, ya didn't..." He replied, gesturing to the katanas ready to cut into Michinari's stomach.

"Shut up," Michinari huffed, and he got up before he strapped his blades to his back and offered a hand to Atsumu, whose eyes returned to their normal honey brown.

Atsumu laughed as he took Michinari's hand, who pulled him up before he sheathed his katanas in their sayas.

"Can I take these weights off now, Kagi?" Atsumu pleaded.

Michinari rolled his eyes, "Yeah, whatever, they weren't slowing you down that much anyways," he replied.

Atsumu scoffed, "Says ya! Ya weren't the one who was thrown across the garden!" He complained.

Michinari grinned and shrugged, "I had to find some way to combat your kitsune speed," he replied.

Atsumu shook his head, "I know, but did ya really hafta use all yer strength?" He asked.

Michinari grinned as he held up the weights, "Not all of my strength," he teased.

Atsumu stared at him and blinked, "Whatever..." He said, sighing in defeat.

Michinari burst out laughing before they noticed the two demons watching them, "Oh, hey, guys!" Michinari greeted, "Ready to train Isaron-style, Toya?" He asked Motoya with a grin.

Motoya bit his lip and chuckled, "Alright, Nari," he said.

Atsumu matched Michinari's grin while he looked at Kiyoomi expectantly, "C'mon, Omi, or are ya scared this 'warrior' is gonna take ya out?" He taunted.

Kiyoomi looked down, unable to suppress the growing smile on his face while he shook his head and chuckled before he looked back up at Atsumu, "Oh, it's on," he declared.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guess who just turned fifteen 😜✌️

Anygays, byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -