Chapter 1

Hey guys, Thank you for your votes and comments...

"You are the joy in my heart, and also the one and only."

The warm weather still lingered around in September. The air was so hot, it made people feel restless.

The skies were getting dark, the golden sun slowly being covered by the night skies. Outside, the lights were lit by the people, thousands of lights gathering together, dancing in and lighting up the night.

A teenage girl wearing a sky-blue dress got off from a taxi. Her soft and delicate pearl-colored high-heeled sandals stepped on the ground. The exposed parts of her feet gave off a white glow under the lights.

Monami gently let loose her hair that was originally put up in a bun. Tugging on the tulle skirt, she subconsciously tightly grabbed the silent bell on her wrist.

Gazing at the brightly lit restaurant, she awkwardly stepped forward, then immediately stepped back. Only four hours and eight minutes more and it would be her most, most, most favorite childhood friend Karan's birthday–18 years, an adult!

And she, was preparing to confess.

Monami fiddled with the Bluetooth headphone in her ear, her voice was quite soft as she spoke to the other person, “Sanju, mujhe lagta hai... yeh idea acha nahi hai... how about I'll just leave...”  her voice came out in whisper..

“What are you scared of! You’ve known each other for so many years, don’t be a coward, just do it!” Sanjana was really at the last bit patience for this thing... Don't know how many times they talked about it..

But…this time I really…” Monami hesitated.

One hour ago, her good friend Sanjana Dubey told her that she coincidentally bumped into Karan at this restaurant. She saw him and his friends enter a private room, and they were even carrying a cake.

After midnight tonight, tomorrow would be the day Karan turns 18. Such an important birthday, he was celebrating with his friends in advance, but didn’t tell her to come along? Ever since they met each other, this is the first time something like this happened!

Sanjana pretended she was one of their classmates and took the opportunity to ask around, even getting a slice of cake in the process. She hid in the corner and reported the latest news to her (Monami), “Monu, yahan ka mahol toh bada dhasu hai... Aur tu uski childhood friend hai na... Toh tere aane par Monu yeh dhamakedar hi hogi party .. so do come fast..."

It’s not the same this time…” Other people were celebrating his birthday in an open manner, but she was on pins and needles because she wanted to confess to her crush!

She lowered her head to stare at the gift bag she was carrying. One glance was enough to see there was an unopened black square gift box. This was the coming-of-age present she had prepared for three whole months to give to Karan. Other than the practical gift inside the black box, there was also a red heart-shaped card that revealed the teenage girl’s heartfelt feelings.

Sanjana suddenly yelled out, “Not good, ek ladki kabse Karan ki taraf ghoore ja rahi hai ... Maybe she'll confess.."

Ah ah ah no way, she can’t!”
And the Jealousy bursted out .

The provoked Monami felt a “bang” go off in her brain. When she regained her senses, she was already standing in front of Room 526.

The girl’s delicate and fair little hand was pressed against the door. The other hand carrying the gift bag was trembling non-stop.