Part 5 I'll buy candies for you

Hey guys, Thank you for your votes and comments...

So this part is dedicated to TaniyaSarkar642 jiska... Aaj bday hai and so for her... Do wish her Happy birthday...

Continuing from the last one....

On the way home from school, Monami was counting her fingers. Seeing how she was looking down as she walked slowly and almost bumped into the utility pole in front, Karan sped up as he blocked her forehead with his hand, “dekh kar chal, Monu… gir jati toh abhi!”

What are you mumbling about? Don’t cry later if you bump into it and fall down!.. main help nahi krunga.." He fiercely taught the little girl a lesson.

Monami was unfazed as she raised her little face and replied, “Karu, my birthday is almost here.”

He hummed in response and instantly replied with a timeframe, “Five more days.”

The little girl’s eyes widened in admiration, “Karu, you’re so awesome!”

Gadhi.”

He had already prepared her gift, there was no need for him to calculate the days.

Just before they arrived at home, Karan stretched his hand out to grab her ponytail, “The homework the math teacher gave out today is a little hard. If you don’t understand, come find me and I’ll teach you.”

She tilted her head, “bahut jyada hard hai…"

hmm

“Then I’ll just go to your house to do homework!” She happily made a decision, “Karu, wait a moment, I’ll go back home and tell Nani ma .”

The moment Monami stepped into the home, she discovered that today was different than usual. She doubtfully walked towards her house and saw the door was open. There were even new appliances inside.

Nani ma ?”

The door was open, but no one answered her. She backed away from her house’s doorway and turned to go to her uncle’s family next door. She heard the sounds of lively conversation in side.

Monami quietly stuck her head through the doorway, seeing some people that were familiar strangers. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

Suddenly, a little girl about five or six years-old ran out chasing after a toy car. Monami jumped, and everyone inside discovered her.

Monu?” Juhi stood up as she rushed towards her daughter standing outside the dor.

Monami opened her mouth and called out an unfamiliar word, “Mommy.”

The year Monami was three-and-a-half, her father, Deepak Mahajan, and mother, Juhi, left town to work. Seven years had passed by since then, and during that time, they had only returned twice. To Monami, woh dono..jaane pehchane se ajnabi se the.. .

These were the two relatives who shared the same blood as her and brought her into this world. Even after so many years had passed and they had rarely met up, she still longed for parental love.

Karan waited outside the door for a while, then walked in as well. From far away, he saw that the picture of the mother and daughter hugging in front of Monami's uncle's doorway. He quietly stood in place, not wanting to disturb them.

Monu, jaldi idhar aa…aur dekh what mommy brought for you .” Juhi joyfully pulled her eldest daughter home to open presents, but Monami immediately pulled her arm back.