Part 7 Spoiling you

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

"It wasn't the cake that made me smile but your talks that made me calm.

-Me

A

fter finishing dinner, karan would poke his head out the window from time to time, wanting to see if the courtyard across had started the birthday celebrations yet. But reality proved that it was very calm on the other side.

He stood by the window and thought for a while. Opening his drawer, he took out 300 rupees note from his piggy bank and put it in his pocket.

Mom, I’m going out for a bit.”

“Chhote, raat itni ho gayi hai..Kahan Jaa Raha h?

“Just to buy something, I won’t go too far.”

“Then take my cell phone with you, agar kuch ho toh landline par call kr dena.”

Okay!”

In the winter time, many of the shops in their neighborhood would already close around 8 PM or so, but he still wanted to give it a try.

karan ran around the block once before finally finding a cake shop that was preparing to close, “uncle, uncle kya abhi bhi koi cake available Hain?

“Little buddy, you’re too late, we’re getting ready to close shop.”

He saw the shopkeeper was about to take the cakes out from the display cases. Indeed, they were getting ready to close up for the night.

Uncle,  my little sister’s birthday is today, can you make one more cake?"
(Not little sister but ab kya kahenga woh..)

“Ah, it’s so late…”

“Uncle, birthday toh saal me ek hi baar aata hain.. aur usse na cake bahut pasand hain.. Please help me just make one, even a small one will do, please.” He fished out the three hundred rupees and unhesitatingly gave it to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper was a soft-hearted and kind person. Seeing the little boy run over in this cold winter night to buy a birthday cake for his little sister, his heart was moved and he agreed.

However, the tools had already been packed up, and it would take some time to make a cake, “I think it’ll take another hour, itna intezar kr sakte ho, beta?”

“I can!”

He called his mom and explained the situation to her.

Suhana heard that he ran out in the middle of the night to a cake shop to buy Monami a cake and didn’t know whether to feel angry or moved. He was obviously just a child himself, but in front of Monami he always played the part of a big boy..

However, she kept this thought to herself and didn’t object to her son’s decision, “Then when you finish buying the cake, tell Mommy. I’ll come over to pick you up.”

Karan happily agreed.

In order to make the time, the shopkeeper made a six-inch small cake. He put some cream on the edges as well as a little flower on top, writing ‘Happy Birthday’ in the middle.

Little buddy, the cake is ready.”

“Thank you, Uncle!”

The Uncle didn’t take all his money and charged him according to the normal price, giving him back the extra change.